April "Fool"

That surely was close. What a knucklehead.

Dumb drivers think it's okay to risk a collision rather than taking the exit and entering on the next entrance. :mad:

Another instance of where it would be nice if people would just use their turn signals to indicate their intentions. If you are going to do something really stupid, let me know so I can get out of the way.

Dumb drivers think it's okay to risk a collision rather than taking the exit and entering on the next entrance. :mad:

Or as I like to say, "Easier to recover from a bad turn than from a bad accident." ;)

Another instance of where it would be nice if people would just use their turn signals to indicate their intentions. If you are going to do something really stupid, let me know so I can get out of the way.

there's a logic problem there though. it's just like when my wife tells me "if you forget to (take out trash, do dishes, etc), tell me, so I can do it."

hmmm... if i forget to do whatever it was, what makes you think i'm going to remember to tell you? :confused:

ironically, the fool in the corolla DID turn on their signal before they cut across the thick white slash lines indicating the divide coming up real fast... wonder how much mayhem they caused on the mainlanes once they came flying into that at low speed...

maybe when these people get busted, they should be forced to put a big decal on their car to warn other drivers - WARNING! DUMBASS INSIDE

I understand, we can only hope. The corolla was WAY late on the signal so the driver was most likely not paying attention from the start.

Great idea! Where do we get those decals? I am going to need a large batch! :confused:

BTW, I will have to figure out how to post my own April Fool's video. I encountered a straight up jerk in my case.

I bet this happens often at that spot though. Doesn't look like there were any signs or road markings indicating right lane must exit. There are a few places I drive often where collisions like this is bound to occur. I always drive more defensively in these areas and leave more space for cars to dodge in and out.

I bet this happens often at that spot though. Doesn't look like there were any signs or road markings indicating right lane must exit. There are a few places I drive often where collisions like this is bound to occur. I always drive more defensively in these areas and leave more space for cars to dodge in and out.
At 8s, there is a huge sign over the lanes indicating the right hand lane is for Bronx parkway & white plains and an arrow pointing off to the right.

At 8s, there is a huge sign over the lanes indicating the right hand lane is for Bronx parkway & white plains and an arrow pointing off to the right.

Usually, I am used to seeing the lines marked different for lanes that end. There would also be signs saying "right lane must turn or exit." But that is New York so it looks like they do things differently over there.

Below is a photo of what I'm talking about.
jp8y8x.jpg

Usually, I am used to seeing the lines marked different for lanes that end. There would also be signs saying "right lane must turn or exit." But that is New York so it looks like they do things differently over there.

Below is a photo of what I'm talking about.

In my capture, the two lanes on the right are actually a very long on ramp that merges into where the split of two highways are. The road I move from becomes three lanes with the lane I move into. The two right lanes continue as two lanes with the start of the highway on the right. No lanes end. Three left lanes continue on the highway on the left. Lane 2 is for both highways which is where he should have been to start.

What it looks like coming from the other way, going the other way.

Back