Another April "Fool"

ddnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC, Mobius C
Too close for comfort. I just wasn't going fast enough for this driver and he wanted me to know it.

I can see that he also wanted to know the other driver in side lane also.

I've done that to slow drivers camping out in the fast lane who are holding up traffic, usually when they're doing at least 10 under the limit on a multilane freeway where most traffic is doing 10 or more over the limit. This was the opposite of that though. This guy looked like he was taking an exit at the last minute way above the limit and you and the entering land Rover just happened to be in his way. Or maybe he was running from someone...

Yeah, sometimes you have to go slow. You are going to have to expect things like that in USA though. Drivers are going to get mad.

Good thing no one has ever tried to knock me off the road when I had to travel at slow speeds. I had to go slow a few times when I was running low on fuel and didn't want to stop yet :)

ugh... reminds me of the one time i actually did run out of fuel, when i was a teenager. i had been in the left lane since i was passing people (my thinking was that if i maintained a higher speed, i would coast for longer when i did finally run out of gas). When it sputtered out, i put it in neutral and tried to get over to the right shoulder, but nobody would let me over. finally once i'd coasted down to about 40 mph, i saw a medium sized gap and went for the right shoulder as fast as i could. the guy i cut off had to hit his brakes some, but i didn't stay in the right lane - i was going directly for the shoulder. somehow, i had enough momentum to coast over the next hill and make the next exit, and by the grace of god, the car started again at the red light, and got me up to ~20 mph before dying again, and that was exactly enough to coast into the gas station.

i learned my lesson... and it was doubly reinforced when i was written up for being late for work that morning. :(

now the only thing i allow to run out of gas is the lawn mower, since that's neither embarrassing nor inconvenient. :)

Last edited:
Back