Are there many UK dash cammers?

But Russia is a very country and millions of drivers. Bet China has just as many accidents.

The 801 is my first dash cam. Reason for getting one is the extent of careless driving on our local roads, and thinking an accident is inevitable. But the real reason is I just like tech:D

Got the panorama 11 here...surprised how many incidents of bad driving it had caught and oddly enough the majority seem to be Asian taxi drivers..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Got the panorama 11 here...surprised how many incidents of bad driving it had caught and oddly enough the majority seem to be Asian taxi drivers..

Could it be because most taxi drivers are Asian where you drive?

Where I drive, most of the bad driving is from white taxi drivers. That's because most taxi drivers where I drive are white.

That may indeed be the case...common ground seems to be taxi drivers....who actually in the eyes of the law I believe are thought of as the more experienced t road users but do seem to be the worst...

I have only had my Mini 801 for a couple of months.
I guess the gods were smiling on me regarding the timing of my purchase.

If you want to watch the video then PLEASE ignore my bad language. I was mad because I had just spent over £300 on a service and valet!

I've tried to have a look at your clip, but I must be doing something wrong, when I follow the link this all I get to see

is there something I should be doing?

many thanks for your help

Edited to add, its all OK now, it wouldn't work in Safari, but did in Firefox, I bet he was going to say you cut him up? looked as if you were in his blind spot

Last edited:
The mini 0801 is working great. The only problem I had was at the start when I couldn't get the dvr softwear supplied to work, but I have since down loaded Registrator Viewer which works great.

I've tried to have a look at your clip, but I must be doing something wrong, when I follow the link this all I get to see

is there something I should be doing?

many thanks for your help

Edited to add, its all OK now, it wouldn't work in Safari, but did in Firefox, I bet he was going to say you cut him up? looked as if you were in his blind spot

I am surprised that it only seems to work in Firefox !

Well I may have been in his blind spot but that is why we check before we manoeuvre! He has admitted full responsibility for the collision. I still feel out of pocket though, 2 trips to the garage to fix the bodywork, time off work, phone calls, stress etc.

I have only had my Mini 801 for a couple of months.
I guess the gods were smiling on me regarding the timing of my purchase.

If you want to watch the video then PLEASE ignore my bad language. I was mad because I had just spent over £300 on a service and valet!

I know that junction well, used to be part of my wife's morning commute. I also know what the other guy was expecting you to do - stay to the left - as most traffic does when travelling down that slip road.

And back to the OP - Yes I'm in the UK, and currently scoping out the range of hardware available after being totally frustrated with finding a mobile phone based solution..

I know that junction well, used to be part of my wife's morning commute. I also know what the other guy was expecting you to do - stay to the left - as most traffic does when travelling down that slip road.

And back to the OP - Yes I'm in the UK, and currently scoping out the range of hardware available after being totally frustrated with finding a mobile phone based solution..

He lived in Hartcliffe, if you know that part town. He played and lost!
Mobile phones don't do what a dashcam does. I'm so pleased it's paid for itself already :)

Started with a helmet cam on my bike after catching myself being knocked off whilst running a camcorder mounted on the handle bars, Contour720P and ContourRoam.

Just replaced an old Blackvue 300G with an 801 in the car.

x2 0801's here in Scotland...one front and rear both working perfectly.

New 0801 user here too, I'm in Northumberland. Fitted couple days ago after getting rear ended and the increasingly number of shocking drivers around the area.

The day before I installed it, had another car take both our wing mirrors off on a country lane by speeding past and not pulling into the passing place I was waiting at...

I started out about three years ago just using an Android phone with a "blackbox" app.

I'm currently using the A118 which is running along side the mini 0801 in the front of the car and the Viofo VF960 is in the rear.

Back