Artifact's In Video From G1W

khill215

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 G1W's, Powerucc Panorama 2
I seem to be getting a lot of artifacts in the day time on my G1W. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm recording on the 1080p setting with EV set to +/-0. My videos don't seem to be as clear as others.

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad to me, or any different from mine. I did notice that the auto exposure struggled at the start with the mix of exposures. Artifacts are normal with these cameras and terribly compressed codecs. What kind of card are you using?

Also, you uploaded it in 720, so it's hard to compare side by side with other G1W footage.

I'm using a Transcend 32gb card that was recommended in one of the threads on here.

Interesting, when I go to the video page on YouTube it says 1080p as an option to watch it in. I wonder if the 720p has something to do with the embed function.

I just watched it. I can see some artefacts and at the same time on full screen (in 1080)I can read the road sign W. Bath Rd.
Uploading vids to YT does mean there is some compression,so you are bound to loose some quality.
One question why did you miss that dim a++ cyclist? ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chris Gay G1WX 8
P G1WX 1
E G1WX 1
S G1WX 13
G G1WX 5
Back