Audio quality. Mic is too strong

Finger

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just installed the duo plus in the wife's car.

The audio capture is crazy loud, so much so it seems to amplify all sounds.

After install I took it for a test drive and it sounded like someone shutting the car door while cornering, at first I couldn't work out what it was but it turns out every time the indicator turns off after going around a corner the camera picks up a loud sound, the sound is exactly like a car door shutting. With the cpl filter installed it can pick up the ever so slight rattle of the cpl. It's like someone has cranked up the gain of the mic.

Anyone else experienced this.?i have the plain duo in my car and I've never experienced anything like it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Don’t recall anyone else having this issue, can you post a short clip on YouTube, google drive or whatever?

The cam was at V1.5 firmware but I reflashed the latest. Will test it out tomorrow and grab some footage if it's still doing it.

I do not have any issues with mine. Road noise and background music is OK. Firmware version 1.5
Here is my sample video:

Well the update made no difference to the audio.
Listen as we drive along the static is prevalent. When you hear the indicator come on there is a thump sound. It's most noticeable after turning right at the lights.

Listen as we drive along the static is prevalent. When you hear the indicator come on there is a thump sound. It's most noticeable after turning right at the lights.
I don't see a lot wrong with that!

It is not particularly loud.

Try listening on a different device...

Also dont seem out of the ordinary here.

Audio is not over clipping, so it sounds normal to me. I do not have any audio issues with mine.

When you hear the indicator come on there is a thump sound
I don’t actually hear that.
It's most noticeable after turning right at the lights.
I do hear and see that, but it appears to just be the indicator stalk returning to off, it is not particularly loud and I would describe it more as a clunk than a thump.
Listen as we drive along the static is prevalent
Yes, there is some white noise clearly audible, and for a perfect recording there would be zero, but if the choice is between not being able to hear static or indicators, and being able to hear both then I would rather have a bit of static. I think VIOFO has increased the microphone sensitivity for the more recent cameras due to requests from customers and this is the results, Seems decent to me, I would maybe expect less static from the Pro version, but this is only the Plus, you can spend the same on a dedicated audio recorder and still have audible white noise!

I'm going to live with it as returning would be a right pain in the arse as if what you say is true all the new batch would suffer from it.

I took the cpl filter off as it rattles constantly which you can't hear in that video because it has been removed. Disappointing they've upped the sensitivity so much. My regular a129 is spot on.

Rattle, can be from the buttons, at least that is what i recall from history of dashcams.
It can also be from the mount / camera connection, this is why many cameras come with a EVA foam you can put on the mount to take those vibrations,,,,, this is often the case with cameras that are often removed from the mount, but over time with heating and contracting it will eventually happen.

Rattle, can be from the buttons, at least that is what i recall from history of dashcams.
Yes, A129 can have button rattles, but no foam pad for the A129 - the mount is not an issue.

We don't often hear of rattling CPLs, but it can probably be fixed easily with a little tape or Bluetack.

Disappointing they've upped the sensitivity so much. My regular a129 is spot on.
Different people have different preferences, but it is easier to turn it down on playback than turn it up since things that are too quiet don't get recorded. I still think the issue is partly with your playback equipment, especially as everyone else seems to think it is OK.

I disagree but that's the beauty of forums isn't it [emoji106]

Back