Country
Canada
Specs look pretty good.

Not egg shaped though.

Looks kind of like a Marcus dash cam.

1440540975368-P-3012629.jpg

Name is a little creepy i think ;)

What does the name mean.

Only bad part about this camera is there is no clearly labelled (and colored) emergency button to click after a crash to save & lock the file. That function is served by pressing the "down" button in this case. But you could well forget and hit the "up' button (I.e stop recording) instead by mistake.

Stuff should be clearly labelled because in a state of panic nobody can remember things. The emergency button should also sit separated from the other buttons.

On well. It's 33% of the price of the Marcus 4 i've purchased so not a bad deal even with the above shortcomings assuming it's reliable.

Only bad part about this camera is there is no clearly labelled (and colored) emergency button to click after a crash to save & lock the file.
I have been searching for dashcam with such function but none that I could find have this one clearly stated. Do you know for sure which dashcams have this function? Thanks in advance.

I have been searching for dashcam with such function but none that I could find have this one clearly stated. Do you know for sure which dashcams have this function? Thanks in advance.

Most DashCams have this functionality. With Mobius, for instance, press the Mode (M) button. To make the M button immediately locatable by touch, some people affix a self-adhesive domed pad* to it, e.g...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191346577420
A few DashCams have a wired remote button that you affix to the dashboard, or wherever convenient to you, e.g. the
iCare Dashcam / Vafru M5s.

My SGZC12RC is unusual in not having a file lock button. But I don't care as I can lock a file by tapping the camera with a finger, thereby activating the G Sensor.

* this tip is © @niko

That is why I splurged and bought the Marcus 4. Its got an orange button.

This one seems as close as you can get to the Marcus 4 in form. It has clear presentation of the screen & buttons.

I take back what I said about the buttons not being labelled. They are labelled. The screen has icons that show up just above the buttons indicating their functions.

If I had not bought the Marcus 4, I would buy this.

Next to egg shaped devices, I like small box shaped devices.

Last edited:
And is what you can egg shaped what others call wedge shaped, like SG9665GC and A118

There is a world of difference between a wedge and an egg.

Don't even get me started on egg shaped devices. I'd be here typing all day.

Think of the way you came into this world. Did you come as a potato wedge?

I hope not.

You came as an egg. Hands and feet neatly tucked in.

That's packaging designed by nature.

There is a world of difference between a wedge and an egg.

Think of the way you came into this world. Did you come as a potato wedge?

I hope not.

You came as an egg. Hands and feet neatly tucked in.

That's packaging designed by nature.

no PCB inside that natural shape though, much harder to work with

Only bad part about this camera is there is no clearly labelled (and colored) emergency button to click after a crash to save & lock the file. That function is served by pressing the "down" button in this case. But you could well forget and hit the "up' button (I.e stop recording) instead by mistake.
I think the OK button is the one that stops recording. The UP button mutes the audio.

You should change your nickname to Egg Man. :p:D

Can I hazard a guess the OP is bald?

:)

I primarily consider functionality, and reliability, first.

I've had some experience with good 'form factor' and appearance, but poor functionality.

(Ask me about me ex wife)

:)

I don't like butt ugly looking products.

The form factor of the product is a reflection on the amount of effort that went into the overall design of the product.

The Ausdom A261 specs looks pretty good to me on paper. Its form is a respectable box. Not an egg, but its my next favorite shape.

There are some reviews of it on Youtube.

Image quality looks above par to my eyes. Reliability remains to be seen given that its a new product.

All in all, I would have given it serious consideration had I not gone for the Marcus 4. The latter is $125 higher in price which alone is more than the cost of the Ausdom A261.

I'm paying a steep price for supposed reliability of the Marcus 4 - and it better deliver on that promise.

Back