Ausdom A261 Stops Recording Intermittently. Help Please

Just a minor update here: after a few weeks time of waiting for an answer from gearbest staff, I've agreed to to their plan of getting $15 refund as a credit to my account for future shopping in their online store. So I've decided to keep the unit.

Still, we will never find out for sure what the missing GPS issue was:(. Anyways, I'm gonna enjoy driving with it once the video footage remains as good as it is.

Cheers!

I just read this thread because I ordered last week Ausdom A261 from the same : Gearbest... and believe me, this will be the only purchase I will ever make from that place: win or loose ... meaning whether i get a good or bad unit ( i even paid an Insurance fee... but i don't know what that covers); I am done with that outfit.
I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered !
5-10-2016

I just read this thread because I ordered last week Ausdom A261 from the same : Gearbest... and believe me, this will be the only purchase I will ever make from that place: win or loose ... meaning whether i get a good or bad unit ( i even paid an Insurance fee... but i don't know what that covers); I am done with that outfit.
I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered !
5-10-2016

Sorry to hear about this, looks like there are more dodgy units out there.

However, there might a light at the end of a tunnel. About a week ago I got my car cleaned, in the process I removed the dashcam for some time and put it back afterwards. Didn't do any sudden movements with it, but after I reconnected it, the bloody satellite icon showed up for the first time ever! Couldn't believe it at all, switched it off and on a few times, but it's there for now.

This pretty much proves, it's the GPS chip somehow loose inside the unit. Who knows, might disappear again. I'm quite happy right now, got used to the missing sat feature, but when it's there now, can't complain much really.

Will see how the cam performs in coming weeks, using it everyday for short times when travelling to and from my workplace.

Last edited:
It is locked warning, pls format your SD card, and restore factory settings. Use pin to press down the reset button. upload_2016-6-21_10-38-32.png

Sorry to hear about this, looks like there are more dodgy units out there.

However, there might a light at the end of a tunnel. About a week ago I got my car cleaned, in the process I removed the dashcam for some time and put it back afterwards. Didn't do any sudden movements with it, but after I reconnected it, the bloody satellite icon showed up for the first time ever! Couldn't believe it at all, switched it off and on a few times, but it's there for now.

This pretty much proves, it's the GPS chip somehow loose inside the unit. Who knows, might disappear again. I'm quite happy right now, got used to the missing sat feature, but when it's there now, can't complain much really.

Will see how the cam performs in coming weeks, using it everyday for short times when travelling to and from my workplace.

I've just received an Ausdom A261 (from GB too) with the same GPS problem like yours. I went through this thread and try various way to reset but it does not help. My firmware version is CAR DV 50 ARAK151028A. Is there any suggestion?

Hello everyone.

I recently bought an Ausdom A261 Dashcam.

I've read multiple reviews, posts etc on here and can't seem to find anything about the problem I'm having.

When I'm driving, above the "down arrow" button, there is an exclamation mark (!) in a triangle.

I've noticed that sometimes, while driving, the camera stops recording. If I start it again, it stops after a few mins.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

This is my first dash cam, and the manual wasn't overly clear on how to set it up, so I'm not sure if this is a user issue or there is something wrong with it.

Has anyone come up with a "suggested settings" for this camera?

Thanks
James
Back to this original recording issue: I was having the same problem with my Ausdom AD282 after a year or so. I hooked it up to my computer and looked in the folders. It turns out I had hundreds of the "Event" files that do not get deleted. I think a lot of them came from times when my car was off but I just opened and closed the door to get something. The 64GB card eventually got full and it started being unable to record. I cleaned out the junk and it seems to be working again. This might correlate to some people that were able to solve the problem by re-formatting their card.

Back to this original recording issue: I was having the same problem with my Ausdom AD282 after a year or so. I hooked it up to my computer and looked in the folders. It turns out I had hundreds of the "Event" files that do not get deleted. I think a lot of them came from times when my car was off but I just opened and closed the door to get something. The 64GB card eventually got full and it started being unable to record. I cleaned out the junk and it seems to be working again. This might correlate to some people that were able to solve the problem by re-formatting their card.
Turn off the g sensor?

Back