AUSDOM A261 Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone.... long time no see. Been really busy the last several months and haven't uploaded a whole lot lately. I actually got the AUSDOM A261 camera from Gearbest nearly 3 months ago but never got around to uploading a review, even though I had used it for awhile back in early October even.

I am probably going to take it easy on some of the reviews for the near future as there have been so many cams released this year with decent to even great quality, but they are all so similar now. Here are the features from Gearbest:

Main Features:
AUSDOM A261 2K 1296P Ultra HD car DVR
Ambarella A7LA50 chipset
Designed with OV4689 sensor
Built-in GPS for tracking
Video resolution: 2560 x 1080 30fps 21:9 / 2304 x 1296 30fps 16:9 / 1920 x 1080P 30fps 16:9 / HDR 1920 x 1080P 30fps 16:9 / 1280 x 720 60fps 16:9 / 1280 x 720 30fps 16:9
Image resolution: 4M Pixel
6G heating resistant lens
F2.0 large aperture lens
2.0 inches high resolution TFT display screen
130 degree wide view angle
Advanced H.264 photography compression technology
Support 1296P ultra HD recording
Support auto power on / off
Support night vision / motion dection / loop recording / G-sensor
Support up to 64GB microSD / TF card (not included in the package)
Equipped with special car fixed suction cup mount, easy to fix and use
250mAh battery, supporting car DVR long time using

So yes, it has a battery, no super cap.

The video quality is better than average from what I felt after viewing many samples. But its also twice the price of a G1W so thats subjective for whats a better "value."

Main thing I don't like, as usual, form factor. I don't like suction cup mounts, and this one uses a proprietary mount. But other than that and no super cap, the camera has great video quality for the price, and feels high quality in the hand.

check out the full video review here:

You can purchase it from Gearbest here:

p.s. as of now I don't have sample clips up on drop box, the ones I had were 5 min long each and I wanted to reshoot them at 1 min clips with better conditions so those will come soon, in the description.

I noticed some features mentioned in the manual don't exist on the camera such as lane assist warning and exposure settings.

Aside from that, i like it so far in the 2 weeks i've had it. I had absolutely no issues with the suction cup mount. I just don't like how vertically long it is compared to more discreet cameras out there.

Back