Auto dimming mirror to a VIOFO Mini dashcam connection question

SR14626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini - Blackvue 900S
With my new 2023 Honda HRV, the 12 V connector is now located at the very rear of the vehicle and there is no real simple way of feeding the cable from the dashcam to it. So I was thinking of this item located below to connect to the auto dimming mirror with a cable provided by Simple USB mirror to dashcam power adapter.

Has anyone have experience with this item?

IMG_0089.jpeg

Attachments

• 20C3CFC2-7558-4128-8F6E-E2E393894B03.jpeg
    20C3CFC2-7558-4128-8F6E-E2E393894B03.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 2
Where's the fusebox ?

Can you get a photo of the fusebox showing all ports.

Ideally you need an 'Option connector'. Here is an example of the latest Honda Jazz/Fit connector :

Maybe you can search Japan sites using your HR-V model code. The latest Jazz model codes are GR(x), as shown in the link.

In the video in the link, is that a HRV that moves in ? If so, just maybe it's the same connector but I'm guessing.

Thank you for your reply, however, I’m not gonna use the fuse box hardwire connector for this. I’m going to use the auto dimming mirror connector when I get the car. Using the auto dimmer mirror, from the car, the total time to connect everything to about 30 seconds, which is a plus. The car hasn’t arrived yet, hopefully soon, again thank you.

Are you planning on using parking mode?
Nope. want this to be as simple as possible with no rear camera either. The way it looks that you don’t see any cables dangling or have to Tuckaway cables either. This would interest me.

Can you post images of how it connects to the rearview mirror once you have it

Can you post images of how it connects to the rearview mirror once you have it
Yes I will. However, my dealership cannot give me an indication when it’ll arrive. All these darn delays of shipping is getting on my nerves. The picture below comes from the Amazon website so this might help a little with your question as to how it is connected.

Attachments

• C267552F-BB3D-4402-A4E3-6A5731A62CF9.jpeg
    C267552F-BB3D-4402-A4E3-6A5731A62CF9.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 15
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A119 Mini 7
Back