Auto power off?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does auto power off work for anyone? I have mine set to auto power off in 1 minute and it is hardwired with a power magic pro. The unit never stops recording? I was hoping it would power off after a minute then only power on when movement was detected.

Does auto power off work for anyone? I have mine set to auto power off in 1 minute and it is hardwired with a power magic pro. The unit never stops recording? I was hoping it would power off after a minute then only power on when movement was detected.
The auto power off setting doesn't work that way. It's meant to save battery power when the camera is not recording. So if you disconnect the camera from the mount to view the files or something, the camera will power off after "x" minutes of being idle.

Thanks Gearhead. I have it connected with constant power using a power magic pro. I also got it working using the motion detection since I have it always on now. I did receive the IO error once but formatted the card and that seems to have fixed it. I still need to figure out how update the firmware as I think this will fix that problem for good.

power magic is a joke. if your battery drops to a voltage low enough to trigger it off, its well on its way to being dead already.

im looking into good solutions for fixing a constant power outlet. i think im going to rewire it into a switched circuit.

Back