Auto turn on and off not working.

Chris Everusty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Nextbase 322gw has been installed by their fitters and is wired to a permanent live (apparently).

Auto turn off is On and parking mode is On.

The dash cam stays on ( all night!) after turning off the ignition and locking the car. This is bad for the card, camera and my car battery.
It should turn off after 5 mins? What could be the problem? It’s a new Vauxhall Crossland petrol engine if that makes a difference.

Some other observations :
The dash cam automatically comes on when I start the engine, but not if I just press the ignition button once without the clutch ( I’d just putting in the electric. I guess this is correct

If I manually turn the dash cam off and then rock the car it doesn’t turn on so the parking mode doesn’t seem triggering, I have only tried this a couple of times.

At the moment I am having to manually turn the camera off and don’t have the parking protection and this is mainly what I bought it for.

Any help appreciated
Thank you

I am not familiar with your set up, camera or wiring but I will offer some insight for wiring the cam

I am most certain all cam power adapters connections are similar. For input there is a Ground wire, a Mains or always on power wire and an Accessory power wire. Take a look at your installation instructions and make sure you have the three input wires connected to the proper source.

The Nextbase is just a 2 wire setup, permanent and earth if you want parking mode. It relies on no movement to enter parking mode.

There have been other similar posts, maybe worth trying to find them.

So it must have a vibration switch internally to power ir up when there is movement detected. Nice set up. Makes for easy wiring.

I'm still using my ancient Nextbase 2 wire HWK for my Viofo and it's still going strong.

I don't need parking mode though, just an ignition trigger for recording and power down.

Thank you for your replies.
It turns out that there was a fault with the camera and they sent me a replacement that is now switching off fine and parking mode is working.

Back