automatic file locking from G-sensor

trignflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done a forum search and don't seem able to locate the answer.

On my mini 0803 - running 20140909 Procam firmware (2 cards), I don't seem to get any auto recording into the 999 recording folder. I've got the G sensor set to 3G, have calibrated the unit when sitting in the mount in the vehicle, but still haven't got any files in the folder, despite doing some purposeful moves that would have set my previous blackvue DR300G off... Currently I'm having to manually lock files if I remember....

Questions:
1) Does the unit make any noise when recording a 999 file?
2) Can anyone who has this feature working share their settings?

Many thanks in anticipation.

TnF

The locked files are in the normal folder but marked as read only - you should see them as padlocked in Registrator Viewer.

You can also lock them by pressing the down button.

I'm not getting any locked files at all. Only have one from June...that's about 4,000 miles ago....

Even if you press the bottom button so that the locked icon shows at the top of the screen?

I will go and check this morning, to see what it does on this new firmware.

Clicking the down button, does lock the file, although now I'm not sure if the screen is off, whether I need to press once to get file locked or twice to get screen on and then file locked!.... at least it is locking now! shame that I can't seem to get it done automatically.

Clicking the down button, does lock the file, although now I'm not sure if the screen is off, whether I need to press once to get file locked or twice to get screen on and then file locked!.... at least it is locking now! shame that I can't seem to get it done automatically.
Yes, it is twice, but not 3 times - that is improving in the Mini 0806 :)

Is your G-sensor working well? If you use Registrator Viewer then it shows you the peak values on it's graph if you have the right traces turned on. I find my 0803 works but has rather poor values, only appears to see transients while the 0806 works well, not sure if there is a problem with some sensors... There is also the G-Sensor Calibration in the menu, not quite sure what it does though, maybe it is just a zero function?

Back