Automatic shutdown on constant power?

clubAT4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I just got the mini and love it so far I have it hardwired to a fuse that has constant power. Is there any setting that allow the dash cam to turn off when the vehicle is parked, and when the vehicle starts to move it turns back on? ( the fuses that turn on the vehicle are to big, so that's why I have it on constant power)

I am new to the forums, and my apologize if this is a question that has already been asked.

I assume your using a basic 2-wire hardwire kit? It just has a red and black wire? If so, just tap the red wire into any fuse that loses power when the car is off.

I assume your using a basic 2-wire hardwire kit? It just has a red and black wire? If so, just tap the red wire into any fuse that loses power when the car is off.

Yes, it's a 2 wire kit. I bought a fuse tester with a light and every fuse I touched the light it up, which was odd to me, but I haven't bought a new vehicle in a very long time and this is a new truck so I am assuming that there is power to all the fuses on the passenger side. I have a 2022 GMC 1500 AT4.

I’d be surprised if all the fuses stayed live all the time. Maybe your fuses stay live when the door is open?
I never thought about that, I’ll try to hook it up on a different fuse and see what happens.

I’d be surprised if all the fuses stayed live all the time. Maybe your fuses stay live when the door is open?
Tried several fuses...no luck. I might have to run the wire to the fuse box on the drivers side, I didn't want to do that.

Tried several fuses...no luck. I might have to run the wire to the fuse box on the drivers side, I didn't want to do that.
You have a fuse box on the passenger side and the drivers side?

You have a fuse box on the passenger side and the drivers side?
Sorry for the late reply, been super busy. I saw a picture online and thought it was the same as mine but it was for a different GMC. I do not have one on the drivers side.

Back