AV OUT jack on DOD LS300W?

Edgardo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665XSV1 SG9665XSV2
Hello all!

What kind of AV cable or adaptor plug do I need for the AV OUT jack? It looks like a 3.5mm jack. But doesn't seem to accommodate any plugs or cables I have.

I recently bought a DOD LS300W. It has the AV OUT jack for composite video and audio output. I have a small 7" monitor I want to use with this camera but there are only composite video and audio inputs on that TV. The camera did not come with a proper adaptor or cable to plug in to that AV jack, and I find no mention of a plug-in for the AV OUT jack in any of the descriptions of this camera I can find other than a picture of it shown as an optional accessory on the DOD Canada site, but no other reference to it. Any advice what I need? THANKS!

I went to an electronics store today and first 3.5mm "AV" cable plug I tried worked fine. Problem solved. Not sure why the one I already had wouldn't go in all the way, something about the tip connector.

So I assume that the video cable comes with the 3,5mm jack on the one side and on the other you have two cinch plugs (yellow for video and white for audio).

Looks like a standard stereo 3.5mm plug to a pair of RCA jacks. I did not get good results though when I tried it, playing back recordings or through the camera. But since then thought maybe set to standard VGA to make it work. Picture was b&w with chroma dot pattern like you'd expect with the cam set to the wrong video mode or frequency. Nope. Double-verified settings were right. Need to do further testing. Meantime no one else has chimed in on the AV cable so I guess no one uses it that way.

A good camera would have supplied the necessary connectors Did you look in the box LOL

All my Blackvue's came with the AV out cable

A good camera would have supplied the necessary connectors Did you look in the box LOL
All my Blackvue's came with the AV out cable
I assume that the contents of the box for LS300W/GT300W/GT550W are the same. So you can believe Edgardo, that it did not come with an AV cable. But of course the cams come with a HDMI-cable.

Most recent Dod have av cable in main set.
Compatible any other 3.5mm to RCA AV, but you have to make sure buying 3 pin on the 3.5mm jack not 4 pin.

Below is 3.5mm jack with 4 pins, this will NOT work

$(KGrHqF,!qEE9d9LigOPBP,ZIgT0Mw~~60_35.jpeg

You need the one like below, 3.5mm with 3 pin jack.

New-1-5-Meter-3-5mm-Male-to-Male-AV-Audio-RCA-Y-Adapter-Cable-for.jpg

You need the one like below, 3.5mm with 3 pin jack.
index.php

Yes, this is like the one I have exception being mine has female "RCA" jacks to plug a longer cable into, not the male plugs like shown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is like the one I have exception being mine has female "RCA" jacks to plug a longer cable into, not the male plugs like shown.

The picture I have added only for 3.5mm jack reference having 3 pins. This is from stereo audio cable.
The Audio-Video 3pin 3.5mm jack wires that goes into each pin are soldered in a different order compare to audio cable, thats why stereo audio cable won't work with AV ( video + mono audio ) 3.5m 3pin jack cables.

av-stereocable1.jpg

A standard stereo cable won't work? This is the only kind I've seen. Not too many ways they can change around the connections.

What is the difference other than one has male plugs, the other like I have has jacks? It just says "Mono RCA AV plug adaptor". Looks like the same thing otherwise. Do you have a wiring diagram or a link explaining the difference?

I need to get the camera out of the car, and try the "AV" cable I have again on a different older analog TV's Video-In and putting the camera in VGA mode. That's the next thing I will try. Last time I got video but it was wrong like I mentioned before. Audio was OK. So part of it worked, and there are only so many ways to connect the plug.

OK I got the camera hooked up with my cable to a little Sony analog-only TV, and figured out that it does indeed work. Problem I had was, the setup in the Cam's menu seems backward! I select 60 Hz and NTSC and it apparently is putting out 50 Hz PAL, because I get B&W and flipping vertical. Set Cam to 50 Hz and PAL and it outputs beautiful 60 Hz NTSC color video. Weird, but I'll take it!

OK I got the camera hooked up with my cable to a little Sony analog-only TV, and figured out that it does indeed work. Problem I had was, the setup in the Cam's menu seems backward! I select 60 Hz and NTSC and it apparently is putting out 50 Hz PAL, because I get B&W and flipping vertical. Set Cam to 50 Hz and PAL and it outputs beautiful 60 Hz NTSC color video. Weird, but I'll take it!

You are right. Colour system is also important. Some devices works with both systems, some need to be changed manually.
Glad you sorted out.

Back