AV Out Jack

Tested the AV Out on V119 v2 and it seems to be working. Not the best of resolutions, but if you just want to check out some recording, it's much more comfortable than cranking my neck up to look from under the mirror. Also the dashcam's own screen goes off when the cable gets plugged in. I check the radio unit's settings and the signal coming from the dashcam is PAL signal.

Attachments

• photo_2020-06-19_18-23-09.jpg
    photo_2020-06-19_18-23-09.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 6
I checked the cable which got this done and the pin-outs are as labelled. This confirms Viofo's official info. However it's a bit hard to confirm being able to buy the correct polarity when ordering online because the sellers are quite vague in describing their product. To them it's all TRRS. I want to do a TRRS to TRRS cable to the radio instead of breaking it out to 3xRCA on both ends taking up more space in my roof liner and dashboard.

However, Kenwood and Pioneer TRRS input is Video / Ground / Right / Left (Viofo being Ground / Video / Right / Left), so it looks like I'll have to build a custom cable.

Attachments

• photo_2020-06-19_18-23-13.jpg
    photo_2020-06-19_18-23-13.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
I might actually just take the easy way out and use two units of this to match the wiring correctly, then I can just use any generic cable instead of super-tiny 4 core 0.2mm thick wires which are next to impossible for these old hands to solder. But let's see how it goes. I plan to do the same for my A129 Duo in another car, but for that unit I'll need to get an angled mini USB extension to turn the power supply cable in another direction as not to block the AV out socket.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 4
Tested the AV Out on V119 v2 and it seems to be working. Not the best of resolutions, but if you just want to check out some recording, it's much more comfortable than cranking my neck up to look from under the mirror. Also the dashcam's own screen goes off when the cable gets plugged in. I check the radio unit's settings and the signal coming from the dashcam is PAL signal.
@fjparks

Back