Azdome poor support and won't supply replacement battery.

Ozzy1

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I would NOT recommend Azdome. I bought a model M63 (good features) about 18 months ago and the battery has failed. The worst part of it is that causes the device not to work, it just keeps re booting. When it started playing up I contacted support@azdome.hk who verified they are the manufacturer. They would not help me, would not answer my questions, would not send me fault code list. When I asked the for a price on a replacement battery they stated by email :
"We do not sell batteries, and even if we have the goods to send to you, we cannot successfully send them because our main product is dash cam."
That is pathetic statement by customer service. The production date on the unit is 1/2022. I bought it online direct in Mid 2022 and it failed late 2023.
Dash cams are not cheap and one expects to get more than a 15 months use before it fails without any support.
I was also very disappointed to find that the SD card stores clips in Apple format which is useless if you don't have Apple products. (And yes I tried the Apple emulator software for Windows but it didn't work).
Having had no experience with electronics I undid the 4 screws, opened the unit and unplugged the battery. Read the part code and found them on ebay. Trouble is they don't have the same connector which means a tedious task of unsoldering the charger circuit and cables from the old battery and transferring them to one from ebay. Trouble is I know the battery is faulty but I cant get the fault codes to identify if there may be other problems. The fault codes come as a sequence of beeps (I get 28 and 30).

I shouldn't think their would be many people that would be comfortable parting with hundreds of dollars every 15 months because the manufacturer doesn't support their product.
Australian consumer law requires companies to support their products with replacement parts for 5 years. Unfortunately I guess it doesnt cover online purchases. The USA is also calling for "repairability" of products and I can see that idea expanding across the globe.

BATTERIES are a consumable item. They always require replacing at some stage. Please check with the supplier if they "SUPPORT" their product for a reasonable life beyond the advertised warranty period.

Sorry to hear they've abandoned their product but pleased I didn't buy one - they are all over ebay & specs looked good enough I almost did. But then I looked further & found more issues like yours plus not-so-good video clips in the reviews.

I figured you get what you pay for & raised my sights a bit to Viofo & Vantrue - got a Vantrue N4 Pro coming.

Welcome to the club.
AZDOME is junk.
Get a Viofo.
They have the same 1 year warranty, but they have the best after sale customer service & tech support.
My only beef with Viofo is they do not include the hardwire kit that is required for “reliable” operation of parking mode that is heavily promoted in all their advertising.
Most first time Viofo customers are upset / frustrated they have to spend an additional $19, and additional installation time to fully “unlock” advertised features that enticed the original purchase.
Usually this is not learned until weeks, or months after they have already installed the camera, and it’s not functioning as intended.

They also do not include an SD Card with the camera for initial set up / malfunction diagnosis.
This is starting to change though.
The new 2024 VS1 comes with a 32GB Viofo Brand SD Card.
This is kind of a big step for them.
I hope they start including a 32GB SD Card with all their cameras.

If you want to get a feel of how Viofo will treat you as a customer submit a support ticket, and ask them some questions like;
What if my camera malfunctions after 17 months of ownership, and I need parts?

Hi Ozzy1,

I totally agree with your comments about AZDOME NOT supporting their products or customers.

I bought a couple of GS63H dashcams a few years ago but luckily I've a good run out of my 1st one, 'cept for a minor glitch.
(Never used the other couple yet, but all tested O.K.)

But, in my efforts to get any response from them, I did NOT receive any kind of reply to my emails for months.

I eventually was able to repair the dashcam myself, so all was well again.

The dashcam is still functioning fine.

But as for any kind of assistance from them......just don't hold your breath.

Pity too, as the dashcams give very good results & have a heap of features that I never use.
(NOTE: I also use DCV from traveler.)

Best if you take the "experts" advice here & buy a more up-market dashcam, as suggested.

Stay safe.

Back