B-124x fuse on Honda Accord

nitestar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanted to make a post that might help another person in the future if they own a 2015 Honda Accord ot possibly might help with more car types. I’ve done a lot of googling about my issue the last few days and picked up different things from different places that I thought if it was in one post, it could save others time. I had the Blackvue 900x-2CH plus professionally installed with a b-124x and b-124 battery backup under the driver seat. I love my dashcam btw. They used a cigarette lighter adapter, even though it was hardwired, which caused parking mode not to initiate right away. Once I realized this mistake I had them use the 3 wire and now it goes into parking mode instantly when the car is turned off.

After doing this, I started to notice the battery app would show “low voltage warning” when it was charging. The main reason is that Honda’s use something called EDL to regulate what the alternator puts out. When there’s not a load (5 or 6 things that need to check off) it only runs at about 12.3 volts, which is what causes the warning message since the b-124x seems to always charge about .5-1.0 volts lower than what the alternator is putting out at the moment anyways. Either way, it caused me to look at what fuse they used for the fuse tap. They used the ACG fuse which apparently controls the alternator as well as a few other things. Well that’s not a fuse you want extra load on just in case it were to blow and you get stranded. So I started to try and figure out what other fuse or location I could use. I tried the passenger seat heater fuse which only works when the car is running, however the fuse is always constant power so that was a no go. Then I decided to try some unused fuse locations. I found #11, while empty and doesn’t power any equipment I have or could have gotten, had power was usable and it only works when the car is running (alternator on). Just remember to leave the bottom fuse in the wire tap empty and that the fuse tap is rotated the correct way so that the dashcam fuse gets power. It won’t work the other way unless there’s a fuse in the bottom fuse which while it may be ok, you never know if it could cause issues to power a circuit that originally isn’t used. Now I no longer get the low voltage warning and I feel much better about the setup.

I hope this does helps any future blackvue owner with a hardwire setup.

Last edited:
Does the 2015 Accord have an 'Option Connector' fusebox socket ?

I know all EU Hondas have had since about 2006. This socket contains various pins that are designed for accessories and provide power away from the car electrics.

Here's the Civic connectors :

Does the 2015 Accord have an 'Option Connector' fusebox socket ?

I know all EU Hondas have had since about 2006. This socket contains various pins that are designed for accessories and provide power away from the car electrics.

Here's the Civic connectors :

I have no idea. I’m going to look at my interior fuse box tomorrow and see if I see that spot for an option connector similar to the picture in the link you provided. That would defiantly come in handy for any future add on I do. I’ll reply back after I look.

Here is a photo of the Option Connector on my old 2013 9G Civic :

EyJpudQ.jpg

I had my Dashcam connected to IGN Pos2 and my Garmin DS61 attached to IGN Pos 1

I have since connected my new Honda Jazz/Fit with the same links but the Option Connector is different, only 4 pins :

IGN Pos 1
IGN Pos 2
Permanent Power
Reverse Selected

Ao7UhM1.jpg

Back