B1M and SanDisk 128GB High Endurance

Invisible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Car: Apeman C450A // Motorcycle: Blueskysea B1M
Hello,

I found out many solutions here but still remains one problem.
I hardwire the unit in tail light with both red and yellow cables so there will be no battery drainage.

I update the unit to the latest firmware (v001.20210129)

I format the SanDisk card with my pc using EaseUS partition master to Fat32.

Unit power on normal and the phone connects normally.
After formatting the card from APP the unit behaves abnormally.
LEDs keep on, the unit doesn't beep while on or off.

I disconnect and connect everything again, power the unit with a smaller (16GB) card with fresh firmware on and the unit behaves normally.
Is it an issue with the 128GB card?

The unit when formatting a card of 128GB is formating it in Fat32? I am asking because when I put the card on my PC the card was in exFat and doesn't make sense.

And a last technical question. The GPS antenna will be ok under-seat next to the unit or needs to be out looking at a "clear sky"?

Hello,

I found out many solutions here but still remains one problem.
I hardwire the unit in tail light with both red and yellow cables so there will be no battery drainage.

I update the unit to the latest firmware (v001.20210129)

I format the SanDisk card with my pc using EaseUS partition master to Fat32.

Unit power on normal and the phone connects normally.
After formatting the card from APP the unit behaves abnormally.
LEDs keep on, the unit doesn't beep while on or off.

I disconnect and connect everything again, power the unit with a smaller (16GB) card with fresh firmware on and the unit behaves normally.
Is it an issue with the 128GB card?

The unit when formatting a card of 128GB is formating it in Fat32? I am asking because when I put the card on my PC the card was in exFat and doesn't make sense.

And a last technical question. The GPS antenna will be ok under-seat next to the unit or needs to be out looking at a "clear sky"?
@estore009 do you have a solution?

I would run tests on that card to see hoe it perform, i just had a 256GB card performing bad ( extremely slow write speed ) ran it over with SDformatter withe the card in my card reader and that got the speed up a lot though still not to the claimed specs.

I also need to run more tests as the 128Gb card is brand new.
I format it to Fat32 with PC.
I am thinking not to format it with the device and see if it will have issues or not.

@kamkar SDformatter is formatting the card in exFat if I am not mistaken.
Does B1M recognise that format?

yes as it is larger than 32GB a computer will format that as exfat, if there is a problem the camera should ask to format it when you put it back in there, or you can also force formet it to fat32 on the computer with another program.

Thanks for confirming.
The unit is not responding after formatting the card with the app.

What I found until now:

1.format the 128gb card with EaseUS program in PC to Fat32 unit starts normal.
I didn’t have the time to test

2.format the 128gb card with unit through APP unit stuck and becomes unresponsive.
Not sure but I think that the card after that is back in exFat format.

Hopeful @estore009 will give some light

Hopeful @estore009 will give some light
B1M supports FAT32 and exFAT cards; It is no need to format the card again in the APP if it is a 128Gb card;

Thank you for confirming about the card format but what is causing the unit to become unresponsive?

Thank you for confirming about the card format but what is causing the unit to become unresponsive?
possibly because you'd used a third party formatting tool previously, set the card back to default values by doing an overwrite format using SDformatter, then try formatting in the camera and see how it goes

Try SDformatter tool, and also, I will ask my tech support to see if we can re-act this problem on my side!

I have a second brand new same 128Gb High Endurance. I will format it with SDformatter and I will see how it goes.
Thanks for all the responses.

I have a second brand new same 128Gb High Endurance. I will format it with SDformatter and I will see how it goes.
Thanks for all the responses.
if it's brand new just put it in the camera and go from there, no need to format with SDformatter, you'll spend hours waiting for it to finish to end up with what you already have

Hi,
tried a new 64Gb High Endurance SanDisk and again I have the same issue.
The unit is recording for a couple of minutes and after freeze with WiFi on and all led on.
Doesn't turn off but only after a hard reset.
The only reason I am using high endurance cards is that is recommended by SanDisk.
@estore009 any advice?

Did you check that the card is genuine, a lot of fakes in the market, particularly if purchased online

Hi,
tried a new 64Gb High Endurance SanDisk and again I have the same issue.
The unit is recording for a couple of minutes and after freeze with WiFi on and all led on.
The only reason I am using high endurance cards is that is recommended by SanDisk.
@estore009 any advice?
So do you refer to it only happens after Wi-Fi switches on?
How about switch Airplane mode on your phone first?

So do you refer to it only happens after Wi-Fi switches on?
How about switch Airplane mode on your phone first?
Hi,

after a lot of tries, I fail to make the unit work properly.

I tried numerously cards with & without the extension cables, airplaine mode on & off, different mobiles as well.
The unit is working for some time. After a short trip like 40 minutes and while I turn off the bike the unit is unresponsive with WiFi on and all led on.

@estore009 please give me a solution.

Did you check that the card is genuine, a lot of fakes in the market, particularly if purchased online
Yes all the cards are genuine.

The unit is working for some time. After a short trip like 40 minutes and while I turn off the bike the unit is unresponsive with WiFi on and all led on.
Check its footage on a computer to see if any pink or broken images from the cameras? If yes, please wrap its camera connectors with RF tape to avoid it!

Back