B1M battery consumption even when the bike is switched off

Alvar Vinyals

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I bought 3 cams one for myself and two more for my sons. The cams work pretty well, but the trouble I have is that even when the bike is switched off, the cams are consumming battery and if I have the bike at the garage fo two days (sometimes even one) the battery cannot start the bike because its power level is highly reduced.
It is a real handicap specially when I’m travelling and I don’t use it for one or two days.
Anyone has had the same experience and can give me a solution?
Thanks for your help.

Good morning, yes in fact the problem exists as the device absorbs 180 milliamps a motorcycle battery this cannot stand it for a long time test with the engine off without the key in the panel of course, at first I bought another power supply believing he was responsible but then in addition to this another problem has arisen that I still drag on today but checking the absorption remains, I would like to recommend the usb cable, on the market there are voltage reducers with usb output (12v to 5v) and through a controlled relay power it under lock and key once the bike is turned off there will no longer be the risk of discharging the battery, I hope to be of help.
William
(ps sorry my english)

Thanks so much for telling me your experience. Must I assume that you are using the solution reducing the voltage altogether with the lock? Have you succeeded avoiding consumption?
I’m using charger when parked at home, but when I am away this is’nt always possible.
You do’nt have to excuse yourself about your english language because I do not have english as main language either and I think your english is very good. Thanks for your help!

but the trouble I have is that even when the bike is switched off, the cams are consumming battery
You can connect both Red wire and Yellow wire to the same Switched ACC fuse, so it has power only after ignition on!

Please estore009 would your advice apply in my Triumph Tiger Alpine which uses the key only close to the bike but not fisically to switch on?

KEY-ON Switch is okay also!

Sorry estore009 for coming back to you again, but since I installed my B1M, I’m really pleased for its performance and quality, making exception of two points:
1.- I have never been able to connect to the app, so I use the SD to get all the info.
2.- I’ve had to put my bike into electrical battery maintenance because otherwise it consumes my battery.

Both solutions are a kind of imprfect arrengements. First one because its easier and more secure to have the files in your iphone than in the bike itself. The second one because when I’m on travel I cannot always have a plug available.
Recently, I decided I should solve both questions and I opened a line in the forum on march, 4th.

But I haven’t made any progress because I’ m very bad at all those questions. So I went on reading as many posts as possible to receive others people inputs. Referring to the question of powering the B1M I’ve connected the DVR mini usb to the bike usb which is only working when the the bike is on. I send you a pic to give you a clear idea. The cables red, yellow and black are disconnected and temporarily inutilized.
When I switch the bike on, the B1M makes three beeps for two times and all the lights red and green go off. The lights on the wired switch do not light at all.

Therefor I’ve arrived to the conclusion that I must solve this issue before trying to connect to the wifi and the app., so I stop here for now.

Sorry again for my long explanation and my missing knowledge about all this matters.

Attachments

• 79E170DF-8F4E-4CFC-8CCA-7A100D8ED0E7.jpeg
    79E170DF-8F4E-4CFC-8CCA-7A100D8ED0E7.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 4
  • 2F89A4DD-6D6C-4165-B05D-559E2DEA8FC3.jpeg
    2F89A4DD-6D6C-4165-B05D-559E2DEA8FC3.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 4
1.- I have never been able to connect to the app, so I use the SD to get all the info.
One tip: Open the app B1MCAM after WiFi connection with your phone! You can do it in this way:
1 Find DVR WiFi SSID in your phone WiFi setting ---Delete/forget DVR SSID in your phone WiFi setting---Input password 12345678 to connect WiFi with your phone---Open app and click "connect" to continue

2.- I’ve had to put my bike into electrical battery maintenance because otherwise it consumes my battery.
Both Red wire and Yellow wire to ACC, such as tail light/horn line?

Referring to the question of powering the B1M I’ve connected the DVR mini usb to the bike usb which is only working when the the bike is on
It is wrong from your photo! There is a supplied USB power cable in the package. Its USB power cable should plug into the 4TH connector from the unit box!

I’m sorry estore009 but As I told I’m very bad it. What do you mean by ACC? And which is the 4th connector of the unit box.
As you can see english is not my first language. Sorry!

Back