B2W recived

Today i noticed the otherwise tight "hinge" on the stick on mount have become extremely loose, a little bit more and i am sure hard braking will make the camera change angle.
The past days have not been particular hot, actually under 20 degree C ( normal Danish summer )

Noticed today when i changed my wrong entry of B1W in the plate stamp to the correct B2W.

I did not take a closer look to see if there are a option to tighten up the mount.

It's been seasonably too darn hot here but the way mine is mounted it's not depending on the hinge for up-down aim. I'll check it tomorrow anyway- with this much heat it would show an effect anyway if there's a problem.

Phil

The stick on mount are just friction, it might be better if it had clicks in the movement.
When i first installed it, it was nice and tight and i was not inclined to think it would change angle on its own, but after a few days with the camera in the car it is much looser now.
And it is not like i have been adjusting the camera back and forth much, only after day #1 did i push the camera to a more 50/50 split as out of habit i had it set to have a little more of my dash in the footage like my other cameras.

OKAY !!! the issue with the stick on mount are a NON ISSUE. (y)
There is a bolt in the hinge part and you just need to tighten it with a phillips head screwdriver, so i have just done that and again i am sure the BW2 go nowhere.

OKAY !!! the issue with the stick on mount are a NON ISSUE. (y)
There is a bolt in the hinge part and you just need to tighten it with a phillips head screwdriver, so i have just done that and again i am sure the BW2 go nowhere.
Maybe it needs a GoPro style thumb screw for tightening it so that you don't need to find the screwdriver?

Mine has come loose now, maybe a nylock nut on the other end would sort the problem. Seems to be nicely made inside with rubber friction things so that it moves nicely and doesn't need click stops, only problem is that the screw can come loose...

Maybe it needs a GoPro style thumb screw for tightening it so that you don't need to find the screwdriver?
Might a better solution to add a screwdriver in the package? And will be better to add Resistance oil?

I think it is fine, it may come loose but you can always tighten it again, so as long as it don't come loose every other day i think its fine.
I had a little "problem" as i had to take 2 other cameras off my windscreen to tighten the screw, but such is the life of a tester / dashcam addict :)
Other peole without so many cameras miight get the same problem if they install the camera on the left side of sensors or other things on the windscreen.
I dident notice if the nut on the screw was a lock nut or a regular one, maybe a lock nut are needed.
But i will keep a eye on this in the weks to come, it look as if temperatures will climb back over 20 degree C soon, so i hope summer as i think of it come back to Denmark.

And will be better to add Resistance oil?
A little bit of thread lock liquid would be a good solution. Not heard it called "resistance oil" before, but it is a good name :)
Or a nylock nut would also solve the problem.

Don't think including the screwdriver is a good solution, it seems to come loose very easily just when you will not have the screwdriver with you!
Mine was working nicely the first 6 times I put the camera on the mount, then next time it would not hold the correct angle. Maybe because it was a hot day the screw became loose.

A little bit of thread lock liquid would be a good solution. Not heard it called "resistance oil" before, but it is a good name :)
Haha, resistance oil=lock liquid, Chinese English :)

I believe I saw something like "resistance oil" applied to a M12 lens thread several times... It was greasy and sticky and could be considered as a non-polymerizing "thread filler" but not a thread lock.

I believe I saw something like "resistance oil" applied to a M12 lens thread several times... It was greasy and sticky and could be considered as a non-polymerizing "thread filler" but not a thread lock.
For the M4 thread you will need a thread lock with a lot more resistance than for an M12 thread because there is a lot less surface area, but there is a whole range of thread locks from very weak resistance to impossible to disassemble. It is good to use one that can be adjusted.

I am a LEO, so birthday soon, according to the Chinese zodiac i am a fire horse as my YOB are 1966

Ahh, I was wondering if global warming had resulted in Lions living in Denmark again, not something I associate with the Vikings.

They only had the temperament in common, that and letting the girls do most of the work :)

They only had the temperament in common, that and letting the girls do most of the work :)
Thought that was from the aurochs:
1267px-Enichires.jpg

Usually, I always turn off the G-sensor when installing any new dash, because I believe that its signal on the roads in Russia will only clog the memory card with unnecessary SOS-files. If I need to - I can always press the button to save the file, especially since the B2W SOS-button is made convenient.
The other day I was able to check out a new modification of Mod#2 firmware at the request of @Falsificator and forgot to turn off the G-sensor. When I began to look through the records, I found that the G-sensor worked several times and it was recorded in a separate RO folder and also saves this moment in the Photo folder.
Folders B2W.jpg
It is very convenient to be guided by the recording time of these files.

G-sesor Mode - Middle Sensitivity
Mod #2 firmware, recording mode - F + R FHD30 16 + 8 Mbps, recording from the Front camera

The original raw video is here https://yadi.sk/i/-ExlZuHVlqhfjw
On the video, you can hear the moment of triggering the G-sensor (locking the file) - this happened at 8:03:40 (0:49 from the beginning of the video). This original file size that was saved to the RO folder

This is an automatically saved photo :
2019_0728_080340_F.JPG

2019_0728_080340_R.JPG

PS: Thank you @Falsificator for his work on improving dashcams

Last edited:
I was about to go WTH the G sensor dont work, but then it triggered alright.
With the middle setting i would have assumed any of those bumpy expansion joints on that bridge would have triggered a event.

Back