B40 Capacitor version problem

rmartins

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm new in this forum, I just get a brand new B40 capacitor version, firmware: B40C.20150921.001
The problem is I get the last video corrupted when I turn-off the car (it turn off the camera power).
So, it means, for example if I get in a car accident, usually you may loose the power, so my video proof can be losted because of this problem !

I was thinking that even the capacitor version, supose to save the last video file without corrupt it right ?
Does any one have the same problem ? Is there a way to fix it ?

I appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2646.JPG
    IMG_2646.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 25
Maybe try a different power cord, such as a smartphone charger in the house, or a USB power bank, to see if it does the same thing.

Maybe try a different power cord, such as a smartphone charger in the house, or a USB power bank, to see if it does the same thing.
I have tried this, but the problem still the same!

then you may have a defective unit. have you tried contacting the seller yet?
I think you are right !
I just saw a video about the same camera capacitor model, and when you take out the power, the "good bye" message apears in the screen that supose to save the video properly!
mine just get black screen like it powered off... no messages...
I'll contact the seller !
Thank you all !

Is this one of the 'cloned' units? (Not a Viofo?)

I bout A118 C dashcam from Black Box and I got the same problem. I sent them email and they asked me to change the SD card but nothing changed. I asked them to refund me because I think the problem from the capacitors, may be it needs to be changed because when I switch off my car the dashcam switch off directly and then getting corrupted file.

Yes the lights go out instantly when the power off, so I think the capacitors does not have any enough power to switch off the dashcam after few seconds to save the file correctly in the SD card.
Do you think if I changed the capacitors the dascam will work as it must.

I have a similar problem. Got mine at gearbest (A118C); firmware B40.20151212.001. I noticed when the device is hotter (weather dependent) it is less likely to shut down properly. Video just fades out instead of shutdown and the current file gets corrupted. I can mitigate this by changing the loop to 1 minute, but as you say, a powerloss in an accident would be a serious problem. Anyone have similar issues with capacitor models or is it just an issue for clones?

I have a similar problem. Got mine at gearbest (A118C); firmware B40.20151212.001. I noticed when the device is hotter (weather dependent) it is less likely to shut down properly. Video just fades out instead of shutdown and the current file gets corrupted. I can mitigate this by changing the loop to 1 minute, but as you say, a powerloss in an accident would be a serious problem. Anyone have similar issues with capacitor models or is it just an issue for clones?

that's a hardware fault, you need to talk to them about your options, it's gearbest though so this is where things generally fall apart, good luck

Back