B4K was working with rear camera but now it keeps rebooting. Without rear camera everything is fine. [SOLVED]

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I am currently using my B4K camera with the V09 firmware and have the rear camera installed and connected and which was working fine until just recently.
Just last week while driving the main camera suddenly turned itself off and then rebooted itself. then stayed on for about 3 seconds and then again rebooted itself.
When the rear camera is NOT connected the B4K seems to operate normally. When I connect the rear camera the main camera keeps rebooting.
Vehicle starts, main camera after 4 seconds turns on then stops and reboots then restarts stays on for 1 second then reboots and continuous cycles through this.
So there appears to be something wrong with the rear camera
I have selected and done the default settings option and this set everything back to the default settings and then I changed some settings which I prefer.
I have tried a reset (sticking a paper clip in the bottom) but this doesn't appear to do anything at all.

Is there any way of checking the rear camera on it's own?
Anyone else suffered with these symptoms? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes I have changed the power adapter only a few days ago.
I had a spare USB power adapter and I swapped it over because I thought the old USB power adapter was the problem was but the camera is still rebooting and still the same.
What should the minimum amperage be on the USB power adapter? Maybe I can get and try a higher amperage USB power adapter.

Ever get a solution? I'm having this problem now!

Ever get a solution? I'm having this problem now!
Yes, I bought a new power supply with an output of 5 volts, 2.5 amps.
This now seems to be behaving itself and the camera boots also with the rear camera as it should.
But if you're having similar problems I would suggest using a 2.5A power supply which should more than enough.

Thanks for the quick reply ! I'll try a larger power supply !

Back