bang 4 buck with good parking mode for vandalisn. motion activated

Just a guy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm worried about vandalism so I wondered what's out there for under 100$ u.s. I know there's cameras with sensors for collision but what if it's something that doesn't set off the sensors like spray paint or keying the paint

look for something with a parking mode.

Where do you park? On the street? Is there a view of your parked car from your house or apartment?

you can use motion detect but it is a problematic feature as many things can set it off, and you still need some one to walk in front of the camera to set it off.
But if you are parked in your driveway and facing the house, then a vandal will probably come from behind and can paint your sides and back without being detected.
This can them be compensated for by having a dual channel camera with a camera in the rear too, but as you use motion detect anything that pass by behind your car will set off a recording.

And so you will end up having to go thru a lot of event recordings to find the right one, and worst of all as these events are saved from overwriting then the room on your storage media get smaller and smaller for regular driving recordings that do recycle, so you might end up with just room for 3 minutes, and so when your camera have recorded 3 minutes of your regular drive it promptly delete them again to make room for the next 3 minutes as the camera can not delete all the motion detect recordings.
Some cameras do however safeguard against this with assigning so and so space on the memory card for each kind of recording, so say you have a 64 GB card you can set aside 44 Gb for regular driving files that recycle, and then you can have 20 Gb for event recordings from G-sensor or motion detect that do not get recycled but will eventually fill up.

If you have a driveway / house it is much better to put up a CCTV system, this can also be used on the rest of your property.
I live in a 2 floor apartment, but i have a 1080p IP camera on my balcony door aimed at my parked car in the back yard, i have to use this as its dark down there at night so a dashcam with parking guard will capture nothing but darkness even if it was triggered in some way.

My IP camera are zoomed in so close on my car that i only have it and a few feet on either side in the footage, and i have those extra areas covered in motion detect areas, so if anything larger than a cat get near my parked car, then my tablet on the bedside table start to buzz and i can at once see the camera and what go on down there in the yard..
I could also set up email and so alerts but no need for that in my case.

Back