Bare Metal Dashcam

It is unlikely that IR emitters will be of any help if they are placed inside the cabin, unless you use an IR illuminator outside the vehicle from any military equipment. :)
And in this case, the image will need to be converted to monochrome.

Here in the US (and I assume in Russia too) you can buy aftermarket automotive IR emitter banks. You don't have to rely on surplus military equipment.

IR_LightBar.jpg

I think the play is to buy enough USB to Ethernet adapters for each camera. I can't seem to find a tiny USB or standoff-based switch, I think I need a miniature router setup to go with Ethernet.

71bsxw0hKIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Maybe switches something like in this link would work?

4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual LED Power Switches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JX1ZS5O

Maybe switches something like in this link would work?

4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual LED Power Switches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JX1ZS5O
Yeah, and Sabrent is a good brand. I think it's time to delve into IP camera forums. This thread can keep going with other fun related stuff yall find, and if I actually do make any progress I'll post about it here.

I think it's time to delve into IP camera forums. This thread can keep going with other fun related stuff yall find, and if I actually do make any progress I'll post about it here.
It is possible that you will come to the decision to use something similar, like here.
H.265 StarLight 3MP 3516C + Sony IMX291.jpg

Good luck in your quest and research.

Here in the US (and I assume in Russia too) you can buy aftermarket automotive IR emitter banks. You don't have to rely on surplus military equipment.
(y) Oh, yes, of course, there are such headlights . ... I didn’t even think about these crazy guys who like to knead mud :D and there will be such an exclusive in the assortment of Off-Road LED light bars
Infrared Off-Road LED BAR.jpg

Last edited:
if I actually do make any progress I'll post about it here.
Please do that- there's got to be more than a few of us watching this thread eagerly ;) Take care neighbor, I'm just about 10 miles from the NC/SC line ATM, the hills are sweet this time of year!

Phil

Back