Barely survived another week on the roads of Metro Vancouver!

Covering all linguistic bases in regard to Canada i have to say O my Dieu :eek:

Do like the little red Corvette in the first clip :cool:

What are you supposed to do on a flashing red light?
In the US, flashing red means exactly the same thing as a stop sign. It's the default condition when traffic lights are broken or being serviced. And when they're completely out (power failure or physical damage) you treat it as a 4-way stop.

What are you supposed to do on a flashing red light?
Brake when it's red. Accelerate when it's unlit! :p

I too barely survived last week's driving. Avoiding accidents is easy, it's just I get so angry at things I get steam coming out of my ears. Can't be good for my health.

Brake when it's red. Accelerate when it's unlit! :p

I too barely survived last week's driving. Avoiding accidents is easy, it's just I get so angry at things I get steam coming out of my ears. Can't be good for my health.
Think of it as an Italian tune-up for your heart! :D its the only exercise you may get all day if you drive for a living...

I'm guessing the Mercedes ran the Infiniti into the curb so they were having words. Possible rim, tire, and suspension damage.

I did come back around around at the next street and when I came back they were not there and I couldn't find them. So I'm thinking there was no damage and they drove off.

In the US, flashing red means exactly the same thing as a stop sign. It's the default condition when traffic lights are broken or being serviced. And when they're completely out (power failure or physical damage) you treat it as a 4-way stop.

Some traffic light also has timer that they do normal red/green cycle during the day and go to flashing red at night when traffic is light. These are very common in rural area of Michigan as well as some small towns and vollages, and probably other parts of USA as well.

I understand the potential benefits from using flashing red during the quiet hours but when the roads are as busy as they are on that clip a flashing red looks quite dangerous.

I understand the potential benefits from using flashing red during the quiet hours but when the roads are as busy as they are on that clip a flashing red looks quite dangerous.
As I said, if they're broken or being repaired, the little computer in there defaults to flashing red.

Back