Beginner. Some Qs :-)

Mafakae18

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
I just bought the Panorama 2S the other night. Quite a novice at this unit and most technical stuff. I was recommended this site :-)

Just a few questions if it's okay (apologies if they're already answered):
1. When I turn on my car in the morning the unit has a loading battery animation. Is this normal???...it's implying to me that it's been 'on' or on a standby type mode over night?

2. How often do you need to format the SD card??? (as I understand it alleviates minor glitches - a la frozen intro sign?)

3. Are 'event' files exempt from being overwritten through the recycling function???

4. Can you change the 30 second countdown / 'event button' to, say, 60 seconds or longer???

Thanks guys. Appreciate it!

1. Its capacitor sign, supercaps need to be fully charged ( 3-8 sec ) before it starts recording.

2. Depending on what card size and how long you drive daily.

3. Event files are not overwritten by normal drive files. They are in separate folder.

4. Event file countdown time is fixed and can not be changed.

Last edited:
1. Its capacitor sign, supercaps need to be fully charged ( 3-8 sec ) before it starts recording.

2. Depending on what card size and how long you drive daily.

3. Even files are not overwritten by normal drive files. They are in separate folder.

4. Even file countdown time is fixed and can not be changed.
Thanks mate!

Actually, Sungmoon has said that the event folder files are still able to be overwritten in loop mode:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/powerucc-panorama2.1208/page-42#post-53946
The folder is just there for convenience.
I'm not sure if this is still applicable for the newer PanoS models.

Event files are not overwritten by normal rec files, those are two separate folders, but event files can overwrite each other, however need to test with new FW what is capacity of event folder before it will overwrite older files.

Back