Beginning to have second thoughts.

mac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S, X100FHD, LB100; Mobius-C2 (x3), Mini 0803, HDR-AS30V
I was looking to outfit two of my cars with the mini-803 in the front and rear and chose this model based on overall video quality, size and features. I was aware of the overheating issue but read that this has recently been addressed in production by adding a heat sink.

Although I haven't received the camera yet, I'm reading a lot of reoccurring problems with the mounting pins. Hope mine doesn't have connection problems and works reliably.

Should have it in a week or two. Fingers crossed.

Although I haven't received the camera yet, I'm reading a lot of reoccurring problems with the mounting pins. Hope mine doesn't have connection problems and works reliably.
Reports of problems seem to have dropped off recently, either everyone has learned to use the search button or the problems have been fixed at the factory.

We know the heat issue has been worked on, seems likely that the wobbly mount has too...

I just received a pair of 0803's a couple of weeks ago, and they heat up a *lot*, so either I got an old batch (firmware on the devices was 20140611, which seems to support that), or the fix didn't work. At least with the new firmware 20140812 the recording seems to actually work now.

I ordered one camera from Foxoffer (to start off with). I'll report back if it has the fix(es) in place or not.

Back