Best cam for remote monitoring?

zain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
apologies if already covered!

I've just took on a new driver in my small business.

He's using a lot more fuel than previous drivers but claims he's sticking to speed limits and not deviating of course.
Remote viewing with GPS and speed would be ideal.
Thought a dash-cam would be a good investment for monitoring his driving, plus all the other safety/insurance aspects of having one.

Thanks for your input

Z

There are no proper dashcam systems yet out there for your needs.
There is a GPS tracker technology available for that purpose to monitor route, speed, location, time etc.

a dashcam is certainly a good investment

you may want to add a GPS tracker anyway so that you can review where he goes, doesn't need to be done real time, you can check up on him later, you can setup geo fencing so that you get notified if he goes outside a specified area etc as well

I've used an E- prance before https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00F2GMUPUHow do they rate in terms of price bracket comparison? ideally looking around the £100 mark.

Thanks

Z
Not sure what the GPS logs are like on the mini 0801, but I use a mini 0806 and if you analyse the GPS log files you can draw some interesting graphs which can easily show the cause of poor fuel consumption. These show the percentage of time and distance spent at each speed on two different roads, one gives much better fuel consumption than the other:

Speed%20Graphs.jpg

Back