What is the best dash camera with built in battery ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there.

What is the best dash camera with built in battery, with at least dual channel, which is charging from cigarette lighter and while ignition is off [parking mode] only records video if motion or g-sensor is detected, so it starts automatically and lasts long ?

What I have seen already on online stores , there are bunch of dash cameras with dual/triple/quad+ channel view and recording, 24h parking mode , Wi-Fi and GPS support, cloud with hardwire kit or obd. It's unclear for me if hardwire kit or obd connector is only needed if I want dash cam to record infinite video from ignition off to on.

My goal is to find dash camera with enough built-in battery to record video [front and rear camera] when g-sensor or motion is activated [up to 24 hour], while ignition is off [parking mode], which can be recharged from cigarette lighter or via USB cable while driving car. Budget is under 200 USD. I prefer online stores to purchase dash cam, can't pick up.

Thank you in advance.

Hello there.

What is the best dash camera with built in battery, with at least dual channel, which is charging from cigarette lighter and while ignition is off [parking mode] only records video if motion or g-sensor is detected, so it starts automatically and lasts long ?

What I have seen already on online stores , there are bunch of dash cameras with dual/triple/quad+ channel view and recording, 24h parking mode , Wi-Fi and GPS support, cloud with hardwire kit or obd. It's unclear for me if hardwire kit or obd connector is only needed if I want dash cam to record infinite video from ignition off to on.

My goal is to find dash camera with enough built-in battery to record video [front and rear camera] when g-sensor or motion is activated [up to 24 hour], while ignition is off [parking mode], which can be recharged from cigarette lighter or via USB cable while driving car. Budget is under 200 USD. I prefer online stores to purchase dash cam, can't pick up.

Thank you in advance.
Why are you stuck on a built in battery? All the decent upmarket solutions are capacitor and come with the option to hardwiring, with some for OBD. you'd have to get an external battery pack such as Cellink if you wanted to go down that route instead of hardwiring.

Back