Best Dash Cam Under $100?

Yeah, I've been watching techmoan videos for a while. The Mini 0803 seems great. The G1W is probably the cheapest camera with decent quality. Can't find much about the A118.

If you are looking for a Mini 0803, take at look. Might be worthwhile for you because of the stronger USD.

Last edited by a moderator:
i honestly dont see why anyone would want gps in it. most drivers in the US speed at least 5 mph over so being able to shut off the speed is a good feature to me. i dont think i would ever need to prove my gps location in any insurance claim or police report either so i dont see any reason to have it.

are speeds from gps devices even precise enough to be used as useful evidence if you had to in court in the US (in the event you actually want to use it to prove you were going a safe speed for example)?

personally i prefer no screen, no gps. saves space and energy.

Ended up telling my friend to get the G1W because it was just cheap.. Hope it will be good enough for him lol.

For myself, I might consider upgrading my current VF300W to something else... So I'm still doing some research on what might be good though I'm in no rush on getting one.

if i was made of money id just slap a solar panel on my cars roof and put 10 different cameras i like in all 4 directions... 40 channels all the way!

then ill do matrix style shots where i sweep through all 40 cameras in a few frames in slow mo for that cool bullet time car accident.

Well.. I ordered it in June.. and shipped on the 24th of June I think.. Still haven't received it, contacted seller, might be lost, will be refunded... Now I wonder what else is decent lol

Well.. I ordered it in June.. and shipped on the 24th of June I think.. Still haven't received it, contacted seller, might be lost, will be refunded... Now I wonder what else is decent lol
i ordered that cheap i1000 camera from amazon and it was suppose to take 4 to 5 weeks, after 8 weeks i emailed the seller on amazon who did not respond, then a week later called amazon and they refunded me within another week after investigating the seller. they said the seller had multiple complaints of not receiving the product. its hard to trust third party sellers from china sometimes. i HAVE received products from china from amazon but still pissed me off considering I was in an accident while i was waiting for the camera to arrive. luckily the other driver accepted fault so I didn't have to pay anything but other accidents ive been in i have had to argue with insurance companies and it has given me anxiety just thinking of getting in another accident.

Yeah.. I've waited too long and luckily the seller responded right away. I'm the one ordering for my friend.. so it's been taking a lot longer than what I expected and had to see what's going on and the seller assume that the dash cam is lost in shipping and it's untrackable. Now I need to find another seller or another dash cam.

Back