Best Parking Mode Settings?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I'm curious to find out what other people are doing when it comes to setting up the parking mode in your A129. I've never had a dashcam with this feature before so I'm a little lost on the best setup. Thanks!

We typically recommend auto event detection, with the g-sensor set to the most sensitive, as this will allow the dash cam to trigger recording when movement is detected and, more importantly, when something hits the vehicle (door dings, vandalism, etc.).

Low bitrate recording can be useful if you know the vehicle is going to be parked in an area with a lot of movement detection so memory storage won't potentially be compromised and important footage overwritten.

Just in addition to BlackboxMyCar, who has provided excellent info, just know that the Viofo A129 does not support buffered recording yet.

That means that in the time that something is detected, you lose the first few seconds of the detection. Because the camera detects and then starts the recording, which takes a few seconds.

VIOFO is working on an update to include a 5 second buffered recording option in later firmware at the end of this month, as I understood it from BChobbyist’s MOD’s page.

VIOFO is working on an update to include a 5 second buffered recording option in later firmware at the end of this month, as I understood it from BChobbyist’s MOD’s page.

Yes, I think Nigel discussed that in another thread. Thanks!

Yes, I think Nigel discussed that in another thread. Thanks!
Personally I prefer the low bitrate parking mode. That is the only mode that is guaranteed to record to SD card during an event. Any event triggered mode can fail to trigger even if it is buffered, and thus throw away the recording.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the low bitrate parking mode. That is the only mode that is guaranteed to record to SD card during an event. Any event triggered mode can fail to trigger even if it is buffered, and thus throw away the recording.

Thanks Nigel. When you have a moment, can you post your preferred settings?

We typically recommend auto event detection, with the g-sensor set to the most sensitive, as this will allow the dash cam to trigger recording when movement is detected and, more importantly, when something hits the vehicle (door dings, vandalism, etc.).

So which G-Sensor option (low, medium, or high) means most sensitive?

High are most sensitive.

This is what I use. Just have lots of memory and don't worry as much. Kind of fun to be in an appointment and connect to the car and see what the cameras see.

Back