Best way to approach disabling viofo parking mode

If you have connected the hardwire kit correctly (the red cable is connected to a fuse that supplies constant power, and the yellow cable is connected to an ACC fuse), please confirm if you have set the parking mode to off successfully. Have you checked the video files? Does it record in parking mode or normal mode when your car is parked?

I think it is recording in normal mode. I don't see anything in the video file that indicates it is recording in parking mode.

I did as @Mtrev suggested and pulled the ACC fuse tap out while the camera was on and it continued to stay powered and recording. I have the ACC fuse tap plugged into my power outlet slot.

I think it is recording in normal mode. I don't see anything in the video file that indicates it is recording in parking mode.

I did as @Mtrev suggested and pulled the ACC fuse tap out while the camera was on and it continued to stay powered and recording. I have the ACC fuse tap plugged into my power outlet slot.
It seems that the ACC has not been connected to the right fuse that can detect ignition. The simplest way to check and confirm the right fuse to connect is to use a multimeter to test after your car ignition is off. After testing with the multimeter, you can choose a fuse with constant power and connect the red cable to it, then choose a fuse without power when the ignition is off and connect the yellow cable to it. There is also a blog you can refer to: https://viofo.com/blog/-how-to-install-the-hardwire-kit-a-step-by-step-guide--b103.html.

I’d say pulling the fuse tap proves the opposite, if you have pulled the tap and therefore the acc feed to the camera it should be shutting down if park mode off or going into park mode if turned on.
that sounds like either hardwire kit is faulty or the camera.
The only other possibility I’m not sure of is, if you supply only batt to the camera and don’t connect the acc, can you turn the camera on manually and override the acc switch?

I’d say pulling the fuse tap proves the opposite, if you have pulled the tap and therefore the acc feed to the camera it should be shutting down if park mode off or going into park mode if turned on.
that sounds like either hardwire kit is faulty or the camera.
The only other possibility I’m not sure of is, if you supply only batt to the camera and don’t connect the acc, can you turn the camera on manually and override the acc switch?

Yea, I can turn the camera on and off manually with the ACC not plugged in.

Back