Best way to format the SD Card

George1985

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello. Could you please tell me which is the best way to format my sd card for xiaomi yi?
With the option that app on smartphone has? "Reformat the sd card" something like i think it says. Or from pc / laptop with windows?

My sd card is sandisk ultra 16GB class 10 and xiami yi has latest official firmware.

Last edited:
Am using xiaomi ap for format but i dont know if its good choice cause am using fw with 35 mb bitrate. I have 64 gb kingston card u3 and my pc can see only 32 gb so i dont know how to format it!

Just one more question. Lets say that i formatted the SD card on Windows 7 at FAT32 with 4096kb cluster size and this is not right selection of size.
If this sd card put then on xiami yi , open the android app and select reformating the sd card, then it will format at Fat 32 4096 kb again? Or will format at FAT32 and different cluster size (the correct this time) for example 32kb ?

Its important question because maybe someone formated the sd card at wrong cluster size because he doesnt know so he could do the format from app android at xiaomi yi and the app do the right settings itself.

Sorry my english are not good. You mean that the camera will reformat the card totaly from beggining with right values of cluster size which the camera will set? So, if i format the card with wrong values and then let the camera do the job for me, format from the choise of app, then everything will be fine with correct values, right? So i dont have too reformat the card again by windows with right settings. Just let the cam doing the job. Did i understand right?

Camera will set things up correctly

Correctly for xiaomi fw or for 35mbs fw ? Cause lots of people have problem with card...i have kingston u3 and still having promblems reach the 35mbs. I formated it by camera. If i use card reader my pc can see only 30gb card

Back