Bit rate is about to increase in early June

Not that my suggestion would mean anything to Pittasoft but.. Perhaps an option (with a warning) to increase the bit rate to 15 would give the company some real live data on functionality / satisfaction running at 15. For those that found the occurrence of instability too much they could throttle back to.. whatever. Give the customer the choice.. a novel idea I know..

Not that my suggestion would mean anything to Pittasoft but.. Perhaps an option (with a warning) to increase the bit rate to 15 would give the company some real live data on functionality / satisfaction running at 15. For those that found the occurrence of instability too much they could throttle back to.. whatever. Give the customer the choice.. a novel idea I know..
exactly. those of us not using cloud should be able to set a higher bitrate

I have zero interest in cloud functionality. The only reason I'm looking to update to v2.X firmware is for the tap-to-save recordings. I have no problems buying larger SDCards, and I'd love to go above the 8Mbps the current 1.X firmware has. Using 64GB cards at the moment which last just shy of a weeks worth of driving. If they upped the bitrate I'd happily buy larger cards so I still have a decent number of hours recorded, and move my current dashcam memory cards to my cycling cameras.

Looks to have been a slight delay

"Dear Customer
The firmware upgrade with the bit rate options is postponed till the end of june or in the begining of May.

We thank you for your patience."
Well, so much for the end of June

Or, perhaps they really meant when they said .. the beginning of May (2017). Very discouraging results from Pittasoft..

Some of the worst customer service. Their product is great in terms of size but quality is absolute garbage.

Some of the worst customer service. Their product is great in terms of size but quality is absolute garbage.

I find the quality to be just fine, and hoping the increase in bitrate will solve a bit of the license plate artifacting when going at speed. I will agree that they've handled this entire bitrate deal really badly, however.

Yeah exactly. I've actually found their customer service to be pretty solid. Sometimes it takes a couple days to get an email response but when they do reply, they are helpful and knowledgeable. I've had zero hardware issues with the product. My only gripe is the bit rate.

Yeah exactly. I've actually found their customer service to be pretty solid. Sometimes it takes a couple days to get an email response but when they do reply, they are helpful and knowledgeable. I've had zero hardware issues with the product. My only gripe is the bit rate.

Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't buy anything else if I had the choice, but considering the bit rate as one of the most important things, they let it slide. There should never be a concern of not capturing a license plate. Probably the most basic thing. I've had cars at a stop light in ideal conditions and still not able to make it out easily.

Anyone have an email for Blackvue? I tried sending an email to their official email address a few weeks ago but never got a response. I'd like to ask when the update's actually going to arrive now that the date has been pushed and shoved around.

I already asked, here is their response (from three days ago):

Jul 7, 14:09 KST

Hello <name>
Our apologies for the inconvenience.

The firmware is expected to release next week.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

<name>
BlackVue Customer Support Team

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH (v.2.005_2016.07.12)

Also compatible with BlackVue DR650GW-2CH TRUCK and DR650GW-2CH IR.

WHAT’S NEW:
Firmware compatible with the Cloud service – BlackVue Over the Cloud.

Refer to the table for a comparison with the non-Cloud version (v1.010).

IMPORTANT:
※ Please be sure to update to the latest version of the following:
– Android / iOS app
– Windows viewer, Mac viewer (latest version embedded in the firmware folder)

This version adds:
1) Added video quality settings.
2) Video quality improvements.
3) Expanded hotspot settings.
※ When you change the time zone and save the settings, the next time you insert the microSD card into the BlackVue it will format the microSD card.

Installed it. Had the options for higher bitrates at the very least.

Tried to setup a config file before updating, but the update process overwrote the config with a fresh file. Had to copy it onto the SDCard again after the update. Now all good.

Currently 8pm at night, I'll record some video tomorrow and see if it's any better. Not expecting anything mind blowing, though.

So it is now 10Mbps bitrate.

12 Jul Firmware Update for BlackVue DR650GW-1CH/2CH (version 2.005)

Dear BlackVue users, a firmware update has been released for BlackVue DR650GW-1CH/2CH models.

This update (v2.005) features the following improvements:
1. Video quality improvement (including bitrate up to 10Mbps for the front camera on Highest quality setting).
Note: this is actually higher than the Highest quality setting on the Legacy firmware (8Mbps).
2. Video quality settings added (Normal/High/Highest).
3. Expanded hotspot settings.

Back