BK4 hardwire voltage cutoff

apologiabiology

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed a B4K dashcam with the hardwire kit. It appears to only work (turning on and changing between parking and normal mode) with the voltage cutoff set to 11.8V but my car shows about 12.4V when testing voltages from the fuses. Any resason that it doesn't work with higher than 11.8V setting?

Yellow wire to tail light line or Key-switch-on?

I've confirmed that the red wire goes to a constant power fuse and the yellow goes into an accessory fuse (only on when ignition is on). It looks like it works as intended at the 11.8V cutoff but sometimes doesn't turn on when switching from parking to normal looping recording if set to a cutoff higher than 11.8V.

Odd. Did you check its ACC Signal Switch also on its hardwire kit?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have confirmed that at 11.8V, the dashcam works as expected (turning on the car turns into loop mode and turning it off puts it into parking mode). At higher cutoff voltages, it sometimes does not turn on from parking mode when turning on the car.

Yes, it has 2 side switches. I'm not sure what side the small switch is on but I can check. I have not tried switching the small switch to the other side and testing with higher voltage.

Give it a test and let me know! Will send you a replacement hardwire kit if the same problem.

Maybe it was an error with my testing. It turns on and off properly when set to higher voltages up to the 12.2V setting. I suspect that the 12.4V setting may be too close to the car's battery voltage (12.5V). There is no problem anymore.

Last edited:
So the hardwire kit works?

Back