Blackview BL500 first experiences/shots (comments welcome!)

doublep

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Blackview BL500
So I got my Blackview BL500 a few days ago, ordered from DX. Posted it on the GSXXXX section because as far as I know it's the same cam as the GS9000PRO

Below is a video comprised of a few different shots of these first days.
- a few night shots passing some interesting vehicles,
- a minute of driving/standing during sunny daytime (as sunny as Holland gets)
- a minute of driving/standing during cloudy daytime

So far, I am not dissapointed, but not overly enthousiastic either. The images are good, but license plates are hard to read. Installing was simple and clear, in-device software is clear. GPS reception is decent, but first fix takes a while (30 s up to 2 mins).

There is a rattle in the cam I still need to locate and fix

The power cable has severe distortion on my FM reception. New 12V-5V adapter and cable might fix this.

Last edited:
Het blijft een mooie dashcam

ik denk alleen dat je zuignap niet helemaal goed zit
of je moet je banden laten balanceren :)

het zier uit dat die een beetje te lost zit
je beeld gaat trillen als je optrekt of als je over een hobbel gaat
en dat hoeft niet bij deze dashcam

als je vragen heb over hoe het aan te passen is hoor ik het wel

het blijven mooie beelden

Het trillen zit niet in de zuignap zelf, maar in het kogelgewricht tussen zuignap en cam. Dit kan je vaster schroeven, maar er blijft een kleine speling zitten. Combineer dat met het feit dat ik 'niet altijd' rustig optrek et voila, rateltje. Ik probeer het er binnenkort uit te krijgen. Nu ben ik allang blij dat de meegeleverde kabel en 12V adapter vervangen zijn zodat de radio het weer doet.

Agreed, but any tips on how to fix it if you already own it?
Suction cup is good, but the ball-joint where the suction cup joins the bracket is, even tightened, slightly loose and rattles.

not sure you can improve that bracket type, it's not a good design, I've seen people cut them up and DIY a different bracket type for better results, maybe not so good looking though

Model is reasonable.
only has a small manual.
And is well secure.
You put the bracket even 1 time on the window
and if that is good, there is no problem

Back