Blackview

Fairynuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800 Pro
Are BlackVue cam made in Korea or China. I know it's listed as a Korean country but are they made there or China?

Last edited:
The spelling clearly shows how much (little) I know about this topic.
The reason I asked this question is because you all know that this cam (900 model) is currently being sold in the UK for £400++. That is at least twice to cost of alternatives AND it looks like they are being sold in Asia for around USD150. Is there a sensible / good / fair explanation for those two questions; 1. why do they cost twice as much? 2. Why do they cost 1/3rd price in Asia?

never seen the 900 for $150 anywhere, maybe it's not the same model you're seeing, or it's a scam, knockoff etc

I play golf, new drivers come out every year and list at about £400, a couple of years later the same driver is down to £150, they are all made in China where I am sure they are produced for about £15. I presume it's the same story with the Balckvue - is it?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...-Car-Dash-Cam-1080P-Full-HD/32881451814.html?

The above cam is listed at USD50 (an to my untrained eye looks like the Blackvue),
The 70Mai is a black cylinder shape camera, as is the Blackvue 900S, just like many other cameras.

I want to buy the Blackvue 900 . . . . give me some info that will convince me it's worth paying the extra money?
Higher resolution, 4K vs 1080p
Dual-channel option
Cloud services
h.265 encoding

Is that enough to convince you to pay 10x more??

you forget PAY cloud service, you only get a little cloud storage for free, just like junkies are made, you get a little for free, and then when you are hooked, you have to pay up.
Really? As if £400 wasn't enough to spend on a camera.

And then you'll need the Blackvue cards- another non-bargain priced purchase :( Unless someone needs what is probably the best-refined parking mode, I see little other reason to spend on a Blackvue cam when other cams equal or better it's video performance for a LOT less money.

Phil

And then you'll need the Blackvue cards- another non-bargain priced purchase :( Unless someone needs what is probably the best-refined parking mode, I see little other reason to spend on a Blackvue cam when other cams equal or better it's video performance for a LOT less money.

Phil

I would say their parking mode is good for something which is done using a two wire system, I don't think it's the best out there though, Blackvue are ahead of others with the cloud stuff, that's their edge right now

I resisted buying expensive/high end dash cams for years and years and finally upgraded all of my cars a few months ago to Blackvue DR900S-2CH's (plus my secondary back-up cams btw)... now that I have them, I'm hooked! Makes me wish I had upgraded to them sooner. I love the features, options, mount/low profile look, parking mode, and I have really enjoyed the cloud even though it can be finicky at times.

The only thing I am concerned about is if the hot summers here will shut them down... I guess I'll find out. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DAP Dash Cam Discussion 10
S Dash Cam Discussion 0
Back