Blackvue & BMW M3 2014

Yasmarina

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd like to purchase the Blackvue 650W-2CH in the UK.

Has there been a robust solution to prevent the:

1) DAB radio interference?
2) Car in park mode, to record video and not cause any issues with low battery warning?

Also looking to have it professionally fitted, I am based in Berkshire. Willing to commute.

Thanks

I have the DR650GW. Haven't noticed any radio interference. Maybe turn off the Wifi if you get any. I believe the wifi turns off automatically after a certain period.

As for the park mode, I use the Power Magic Pro. Having some difficulty with the installation right now, but it does work in turning the power off after the voltage drops to a certain point or after the timer expires. If the car voltage gets low, the BMW will give a high battery drain warning, but will be reset next time you start the car given that you don't drain the battery to low again. I had mine set to turn off at 11.8 V but you can change the settings to shut it off at 12V or ~22V.

I have a 335i with the 650. Definitely use the power magic pro. I have mine set at 11.8 v. My problem is I have an e93 so it drains a lot of power when operating the roof, etc. This causes the unit to shut down as I guess it dips below the 11.8v setting. Kinda annoying but I just reset it from the magic pro that I have installed in the glove box. No radio interference whatsoever.

Hi
I have had a 2 channel Blackvue installed in my 335D with a power magic pro. I still get low battery warnings when I get in the car sometimes. The cut off voltage for the power magic is the highest that you can set it to I believe.

The battery warning is annoying but what is more annoying is that the car seems to turn off the comfort access when it gets to this state so you can be trying to get into the car and then have to fumble around in your bag / pocket for the key.

Is this normal with the power magic?

Thanks

Both of your issues are valid:-

1) I have this issue and not yet found a solution
2) A Cellink B is a great solution for the second

Forgot to say, despite the Cellink B being a great option for one of your issues, its quite a costly one (you are paying for a good quality Lithium battery) - mine works faultlessly.

Havn't had to think about or worry about my installation for months & months

Back