Blackvue DR500GW - Unable to connect through FTP

Ian Miles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here and to be honest I haven't needed to as I haven't really had any problems with my camera until now.

Recently I had a problem with the time and date of the camera not correcting itself, after a lot of research I found the problem was actually the SD card, so I replaced it, problem solved!

Now I am unable to connect to ftp on the camera... I am trying out various apps and programs to see if I can play the videos from other devices. But some reason the default username and password (root, pt) are not working. I can view the live feed file but nothing else, I wondered if there is something I need to do to the config on the card first but I cannot remember.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ian

Just an update - It seems like it's the latest firmware. I spent the weekend trying to load the custom firmware, and it loaded correctly and now connecting through FTP is now working great. So I guess my question here is, was FTP disabled in the frimware update? Or did I just use the wrong username and password? Does anyone know of any username password that are different from the default of 'root' and 'pt'?

Thanks

Just an update - It seems like it's the latest firmware. I spent the weekend trying to load the custom firmware, and it loaded correctly and now connecting through FTP is now working great. So I guess my question here is, was FTP disabled in the frimware update? Or did I just use the wrong username and password? Does anyone know of any username password that are different from the default of 'root' and 'pt'?

Thanks
Can you advise what firmware version you have been able to successfully grab files via FTP. Also where do you get the custom version?

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, I downloaded the custom firmware from car-dvr.info, here is a link:-

http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

One piece of advice, I would make a backup of the config\version.bin file on your existing stock, you will need to make sure all of the version numbers match what you have already loaded on to your Blackvue and copy them to the new stock.

There are a lot of things out there that can be done with this firmware so it's best to investigate and research everything before you make any decisions about loading it.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Ian

Back