BlackVue DR650GW-2CH (v.2.005_2016.07.12)

Anybody getting intermittent video freezing/stuttering on this firmware version? I'm suspecting my sandisk sd card might be going bad so I have a new one on order. Or maybe I should try reloading the firmware.

Anybody getting intermittent video freezing/stuttering on this firmware version? I'm suspecting my sandisk sd card might be going bad so I have a new one on order. Or maybe I should try reloading the firmware.
The few videos I've checked after I've updated have been fine. However, BlackVue forgot to update the video player software, so it takes a few minutes before videos play stutter-free when using their software.
Try uploading one of the files to YouTube and then play it back when uploaded. If the video still stutters, then there is something wrong with your camera or SD card. If it works, then it's 'just' a play-back issue.

After a few days of driving and checking a couple of videos, I haven't noticed any freezing or stuttering at all.

Is there anyone using 2.005 having any issues connecting to the Cloud, if they elected to use it? As I can see that it connects to the wifi hotspot but it won't connect through the cloud. I have gone back to 2.002 (I didn't use 2.003 as the wifi connection was too flaky) and it connects to the Cloud again. I tried toggling on/off the new "Connect to Cloud" setting in 2.005 and still nothing. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

This turned out to be an issue with my Sandisk sd card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I purchased Nov 2015). I put in the original Blackvue branded 16 gb sd card to test and it worked fine with no freezing or stuttering. I'm guessing the Sandisk card is starting to fail and isn't able to keep up with the higher bitrates of the new firmware.

Having a slight issue upgrading to v 2.005, that is I can't download the file. Both my computer and my phone reports download as unsuccessful, and it's painfully slow - the 44MB file is estimated at 38min download time. Everything else, both on my WiFi and my cell network, is as fast as always, so I'm confident the issue isn't with my hardware. This happens when downloading from blackvue.com/support/downloads.

Anyone had the same issue? Any other sources I can get the FW from?

Hello, and thank you for the script :)

Code:
for /f "tokens=5,7" %%i in ('ping -n 4 -w 5 %ipaddress%') do if "%%i" EQU "Received" set count=%%j

I have Windows 8 in French and the ping response is "reçus" instead of "Received"
The script does not find matching and stops.

HQeduPP.png

I tried using Notepad ++ to "reçus" (ANSI or UTF) but the translation does not match.

6jkrZBL.png

Do you have a US version of ping ?

Last edited:
Do you have a US version of ping ?

I think there is an easier way to solve this. Try this:

for /f "tokens=1,7" %%i in ('ping -n 4 -w 5 %ipaddress%') do if "%%i" EQU "Paquets" set count=%%j

Note that I changed the tokens to match another word on the same sentence. Also, in your version of Ping, it seems there is a space between "Paquets" and ":". In the English version there is no space. If there is no space, it is considered part of the word so you might need to change it to "Paquets:". Otherwise, you might need to change token 7 to 8.

Just a quick question. Will this update solve the GPS issue? I got blue light, speed, but there is no location on the video footage. Any advice? Thanks

Solved using OEM-US encoding for the word "reçus"

Iu7ohXK.png

Written normally save and open file, copy / paste the result.

Before save:
0KSZipa.png

After reopen:
E0YRqE8.png

Code:
for /f "tokens=5,7" %%i in ('ping -n 4 -w 5 %ipaddress%') do if "%%i" EQU "re‡us" set count=%%j
Copy script OK in french.

The method with "Paquet" does not function correctly.

Big thanks.

Last edited:
Seeing that peeps are more positive on the latest version, I updated today. Other than getting the wifi up and running I haven't tested it yet. However, I am a bit concerned about just how hot the camera seems to be running. I'm especially bothered since I have the cam set up to run overnight in parking mode. Thoughts anyone?

Wifi with the script to download everything works perfect for me.

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Liking this new version of the software. Wifi seems more stable/stronger - able to live feed with few drop outs, and the cloud push feature works great when linked to my home wifi, and which is my chief requirement.

As a novelty, the cloud map of dashcams is interesting - watching dashcams being tracked down motorways, and seeing whether they're going over 70 mph! I see a couple of UK owners have shared their cams, though the cars were stationary when I took a peep. Watching people travel down roads in France and other parts of the continent is a bit of fun (well, for around 5 mins)

Last edited:
Back