Blackvue DR750-2CH LTE Review

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's my in-depth look at the new Blackvue DR750-2CH LTE, and specifically the new cloud connected LTE aspects of the dashcam.

It's a 1080p front/rear dashcam like the DR750S, but it adds LTE antennas and a SIM card slot so you can give it a built-in data connection and simplify the cloud connectivity. This seems to be the easiest solution to connect your Blackvue to the cloud. It's way easier than using a WiFi hotspot like I currently do for the DR900S/DR750S and it's more streamlined than the DR900X/CM100LTE solution as well, but it does limit how many devices you can connect to it. The extra LTE antennas and cooling does mean that the dashcam is bigger and bulkier than the S and X series models.

In the video I go over all this, as well as LTE pricing, compatibility with previous mounts and cables, how you connect it to the cloud, and all that jazz.

On a similar note, I hear Blackvue is also working on a DR900-2CH LTE as well which is great to hear. :)

I can't see anywhere that this camera has ADAS.
Speed camera alerts built into it

Not good.
I'll wait until thinkware bring there new lte dash camera out,

Not good.
I'll wait until thinkware bring there new lte dash camera out,
Fair enough. Personally I find those features annoying and turn them off altogether, instead relying on my radar detectors and/or Waze, plus Blackvue's cloud functionality is way better than Thinkware's, but if you really want the ADAS or speed cam alerts from your dashcam, yeah Thinkware is gonna be better.

Back