BlackVue DR750S-2CH - Coming Soon?

Yeah, I had been doing some more research on parking mode and it seems like the Blackvue cameras only use accelerometer/motion input to determine when they should be in parking mode even though the Power Magic Pro has both constant and accessory inputs (versus Thinkware which actually seems to be switched by the accessory input, as it should be.) (Correct me if I'm wrong.) On the other hand, I've seen raw videos from the F800 and the low bitrate of 10Mbps just doesn't cut it for me, especially in demanding conditions like lots of trees in the image. I'm a bit spoiled, I guess, because my current camera is an A119S (which does 60FPS) that seems to idle around 22Mbps or so and I have personally seen go above 50Mbps under particularly-demanding conditions, so…

Is the sensitivity of the parking mode fix?

I read somewhere that the sensitivity is too high to record some parking mode footage.

Is the sensitivity of the parking mode fix?

I read somewhere that the sensitivity is too high to record some parking mode footage.

That would be more of a general complaint as far as motion detection technology goes across all dash cams.
It's sensing changes in light which might be more obvious during the day.
People didn't want to see so many videos of just trees waving in the wind or rain drops.
That being said if you turn the sensitivity down so low that it can't pick up a tree moving, you probably won't catch someone approaching your car in dark clothes at night either.

It's a similar complaint people have about the g-sensor in parking mode.
They don't like the fact that it triggers when you close your door or trunk.
But if you really think about it, that's a pretty big impact and you don't want your camera so insensitive that anything less than a door slam will not be picked up.

What this camera does offer compared to DR650S is the event partition. This means that if you do get hit and run, it's going in its own folder.
This means that the hit and run is not going to get overwritten by a video of trees waving in the wind since those would not trigger the g-sensor.

If you are super concerned it might be better to buy a chair to sit and watch your car 24/7. Alternatively you can set your dash cam carefully so that it only records meaningful data.

My issue with the Blackvue parking mode isn't the sensitivity of the G-sensor but the fact that the G-sensor is used to switch between driving and parking mode instead of an ACC input.

My issue with the Blackvue parking mode isn't the sensitivity of the G-sensor but the fact that the G-sensor is used to switch between driving and parking mode instead of an ACC input.

That's a blackvue design and there is nothing we can do about it. If you don't like it, then choose another brand.

That's a blackvue design and there is nothing we can do about it. If you don't like it, then choose another brand.

I am completely aware of that and that is the reason that I have not purchased and will not purchase (at least unless they change that) a Blackvue camera for the parking mode.

Lukas did the same at least with their older dashcams, i think its a okay way to do it, no G sensor activity in X minutes = change to parking mode.
Its not like there is a blank spot meanwhile it will keep recording regular video.
Thats how it worked in my car using the LK-7500, sit still with the car running ( not hardwired camera ) and suddenly the camera changed to parking.

It is perfectly fine for adding a parking mode to a camera not necessarily designed for such (as Viofo did with FW 2.1 for the A119S), but it seems that a camera designed for parking mode (and that even has an external device with an ACC input) ought to be able to use the ACC input to switch modes. Especially one costing several hundred dollars.

Back