Blank display on camera?

rknobbe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this Viofo A119 V3 for a little over a year now, and with the exception of the first time I plugged it into a wall-wart charger I don't ever see an image on the built-in screen. It chimes when power is applied, and records videos as I would expect. According to the manual, when plugged into a PC there should be a USB cable icon displayed on the A119's screen, however the screen remains dark (even though it's detected as a USB Drive). Pressing power when I'm plugged into wall or car power doesn't change the screen, however holding the power down for 5 seconds does power off the camera. Other buttons seems to work as described in the manual.

Is my screen just dead?

I've had this Viofo A119 V3 for a little over a year now, and with the exception of the first time I plugged it into a wall-wart charger I don't ever see an image on the built-in screen. It chimes when power is applied, and records videos as I would expect. According to the manual, when plugged into a PC there should be a USB cable icon displayed on the A119's screen, however the screen remains dark (even though it's detected as a USB Drive). Pressing power when I'm plugged into wall or car power doesn't change the screen, however holding the power down for 5 seconds does power off the camera. Other buttons seems to work as described in the manual.

Is my screen just dead?
it should power on in all instances, have you checked that your miniUSB cables work with other devices when plugged into a wall charger or PC?

Is my screen just dead?
It seems that the screen is defective now. Please update the firmware as the last effort: https://viofo.com/content/41-viofo-a119-v3-dash-cam-support/
If not help, please open a ticket to get it repaired: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

Back