blocking registrations

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
I have noticed on a few videos that the person posting it has either pixelated or blacked out the reg plate how is this done?

The only way I can think do do that is through editing software. One has to put it in editing software and apply an effect to that area of the video. I can understand doing it for broadcast TV, but for here, it seems like a lot of work..

I wouldn't be surprised if YouTube has an automatic blur option at some point. They keep adding features year after year.

so there isnt a free easy to use tool with that feature?

I have noticed on a few videos that the person posting it has either pixelated or blacked out the reg plate how is this done?

Hey Jimbo, I use Camtasia Studio 8 and it works great for this. I used it for the unmarked police vehicle in my Finevu Cr500 Video with CPL lens (watch in 1080P)

Last edited:
true...i totally forgot about camtasia...it is also 30days free when installing new
thx

It depends what your idea of "free" is ;-)
the idea was mostly free of costs:D

It depends what your idea of "free" is ;-)

Well Camtasia isn't cheap, it cost me just under $300 USD but it does the job nicely and I like their codecs for compression.

Milamber I installed a trial version of Camtasia which part are you using to do the blurring?

Milamber I installed a trial version of Camtasia which part are you using to do the blurring?

Hey Jimbo, I'll post a screenshot tonight for you :)

;)Cheers Milamber thanks for this, found another one of this now to google animation to get it to track the plate lol

You can blur via Cyblerlink PowerDirector too.

I just installed CamTasia and will try it out as well. I'll see which one I like better.

Back