Blue USB connecting... screen

nomen nescio

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
mini 0806
I bought my mini 0806 yesterday and today I wanted to change the settings. As the battery is very low, I wanted to use the provided USB cable to power the camera using the USB cable.

The first time I connected the USB cable, there was no problem. After that, the problems started. When I connect the camera with the USB cable to the computer I get a blue screen that says USB connecting... and it doesn't go away. I can't do anything with the 0806. It only happened a few time that I was able to use the camera when connected to the pc using the USB cable.

I don't know what batch this is and how to check is. The firmware says that it is v1.0

I don't know if there is a problem with the camera or not but I am really disappointed right now.

My phone charger has a round connector, so that is not possible.

What you have written above is perfectly normal, the buttons and screen do nothing when it is connected to the computer, instead you should see it on the computer as a memory card, or 2 memory cards.

Thank you very much Nigel. I'm not disappointed anymore. Instead I'm pleased with my new 0806. Thanks for giving me peace of mind!

* Can I charge the battery using the USB cable?

* Does the camera has to be stayed ON to charge the battery?

* I want to use this dashcam in two cars. Is it wise or not to disconnect the dascam from the GPS holder on a regular basis to switch between cars?

Last edited:
Thank you very much Nigel. I'm not disappointed anymore. Instead I'm pleased with my new 0806. Thanks for giving me peace of mind!

* Can I charge the battery using the USB cable?

* Does the camera has to be stayed ON to charge the battery?

* I want to use this dashcam in two cars. Is it wise or not to disconnect the dascam from the GPS holder on a regular basis to switch between cars?
Yes it can charge while plugged into your computer, then you can unplug it and set the menus on battery power.

No need for it to be on to charge the battery, just plugged in, if you leave it on then it will probably turn itself off unless you leave it recording.

It is designed to be unplugged regularly, you might find it a bit stiff to start with but it should get easy after a short while, not sure I'd do it every day as it will wear eventually, but no problem once or twice a week. Spare mounts should be available so you can have one in each car but I'm not sure they are at present, mini 0801/0805 mounts can be used but might get seen in the corner of the image.

Thanks for being so helpful.

I bought a second GPS holder and power cable, which I'm going to place in my other car (which I had to buy for my father because he can't drive his car anymore due to a serieus medical blunder. Now my father has a serious handicap due to this medical blunder). I just worry that the connection in de GPS holder and the dashcam will wear out when disconnecting often.

I'm going to test the dashcam in a little over one hour when I'm driving to the gym. So far, I'm pleased with the 0806.

First test is a succes except for the GPS. I can't get it to work.

Glad you got it all set. I have always used a wall outlet to USB plug with a MicroB cable to adjust my settings.

The sound (Mic) of the 0806 is much better than of the Blackvue DR3500.

Back