BlueSkySea A12 motorcycle dashcam issue

fcosenti

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi folks,
I purchased the subject dashcam for my motorcycles, I was lucky with the first since it worked well, but now the second has an issue.
Both cameras, front and back show correctly on display, but only rear one is recorded.
I am trying to get support from the online store, but I would like to know if there is a newer firmware.

Okay let me give more details so that maybe the local support selling these cameras could help, since until now, I haven't received anything from my contacts here in Thailand, except "we will let you know".
Frankly, I cannot understand how difficult it would be to create a Google drive with publicly available firmware, regularly updated for the latest version - and if no further development is being done on these units, at least they can all take advantage of the latest version fixing known bugs.
As mentioned, I have TWO BlueSkySea A12 units. The first one I purchased is mounted on my Honda Forza 350 maxiscooter, and it works fine. It has firmware version LTE20220916-7701-0. Happy with the first unit, I decided to purchase a second one to mount on my Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro. Unfortunately, this unit came with an older firmware version, LTE20220802-7701-0. On this faulty unit, while you can see both front and rear cameras in live stream, only the rear one is recorded and shows on Roadcam app on Tiger 900.
Assuming those are dates, the malfunctioning unit comes with a firmware dated 2 August 2022, while the good one has one dated 16 September 2022.
I attached screenshots of Roadcam app for good and bad units. You can see that in good unit you get VID_Fxxxxx and VID_Rxxxx (Front and Rear), while on bad unit you get only VID_xxxx. I repeat - front and back cameras correctly show in live stream so it's not a camera fault. Can anyone assist please?

Attachments

• BAD unit_Roadcam.jpg
    BAD unit_Roadcam.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 3
  • GOOD unit_Roadcam.jpg
    GOOD unit_Roadcam.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 3
Well, I didn't get anywhere, not with the online shop that sold me the unit, nor with Vicky from BlueSkySea - I don't know why they are so reluctant to have the user to just try a newer firmware, considering the strange behaviour of the fault. Anyway, I wasted money with this unit and will look for something else, very disappointed by the whole matter. Leaving negative feedback is the only thing I was able to do, shame. It is crazy to blame the user who had the units installed professionally, the first one works perfectly, the second one is faulty, yet they keep pushing blame on the user!?! Maybe the admin can move this to the BlueSkySea section to warm other users?

Back