BlueSkySea B4K 4K Dash Cam Video Review

Is it just me ? it seem a bit soft at a distance ( viewing at 1440p )

Yeah i dunno just look a bot soft to me when looking at distant things, up close it seem fine.
TBH i also feel the same about my SG9663DR system.

On a high end PC. easy surpassing a mackbook pro

I understand, all I can say is for a 4K dash cam at this price, it’s a great deal.

I have it on my work computer but at home it’s snooth

Just beginning testing with mine, not yet even seen a vid but will have something tomorrow. I agree on the OOF/soft with that one but considering the price it seems OK.

People latch onto catch-phrases and now everybody seems to want 4K but it's not cheap when it's done really well; you don't get what you don't pay for ;) When it is done well it's awesome :cool:

Phil

I understand, all I can say is for a 4K dash cam at this price, it’s a great deal.
Yes, for the price it is rather good.

Also, it has done rather well with the sun directly ahead towards the end of your video, many cameras would struggle to show much in those conditions.

I wonder if the focus issue is from fingerprints or something on the glass, it is unusual to only have the very far distance out of focus.

Also, are you using the camera to record your voice? If so then for a budget camera, the audio is pretty decent...

Just beginning testing with mine, not yet even seen a vid but will have something tomorrow. I agree on the OOF/soft with that one but considering the price it seems OK.

People latch onto catch-phrases and now everybody seems to want 4K but it's not cheap when it's done really well; you don't get what you don't pay for ;) When it is done well it's awesome :cool:

Phil
That’s what I’m saying, it may. It be perfect but it’s also not $500, and even the $500 units are not perfect, I know this because I have them also.

I am sure these cameras can do well for blueskysea, if they are not plagued by untimely death or start misbehaving, so just add a little good support and i think everything will be fine.
But i dont think these will be bad cameras, the B2W i tested have worked well for me, and it is still well just not in use.
The last 3 months or so of me testing the B2W i ran 24/7 in my window sill, and i only stopped it as the memory card in it died.

These are also as i understand it early samples, so many things can happen / have happened, so i am optimistic.

Looking at the footage from the front camera in the A139 i am testing i do not get any blurred in the distance feeling, but that is of course also a 1440p sensor displaying on my 1080p computer screen.

I understand you are happy wit the results considering the price point is good for it being a 4k unit, but I also agree with the other guys about the very noticeable soft sharpness. However, that can be mechanically corrected and it will make it even greater if tuned properly. ***(opening your unit will void your guarantee)***
The question is if the focus shift is permanent or only occurs as the temperature fluctuates.

Yeah.
I would not mess with it now, the focus is okay where it matter, but maybe down the road if OP feel brave he can give it a go.
I have also not messed with my DR camera, but when i move it to side camera duty i might put in two wider FOV lenses, but for now i want to see the massive IQ update to SG cameras and i have a side system.
So thats a job for a nice spring or summer day in the future.

B4K vid from yesterday. I'm getting stuttering with Potplayer- comments on this appreciated. Max resolution, 1 minute files, otherwise default settings.

RAW FILE

Phil

It looks pretty good to me but I’m just in my iPhone

Back