Bluetooth button keeps disconnecting

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bluetooth button keep disconnecting from my A229 duo. I think it happens if the camera powers off.

Is this a known issues and is there a fix?

Please check the voltage of the battery inside the Bluetooth button with a multimeter, and report back.
This is why I love the new voice commands on the A119 Mini 2.
No more need for this $20 optional accessory, with battery, and unpairing malfunctions.
You can now just bark; "Lock Video".
-Chuck

My Bluetooth button keep disconnecting from my A229 duo. I think it happens if the camera powers off.

Is this a known issues and is there a fix?
First, try changing the battery in the button.
My Bluetooth button is 2 years old. There were never any problems.
Haven't changed the battery yet. :unsure:

The button worked fine with my A129 duo, and that camera used to power off regularly as I didn't have it hardwired. Once I fitted my A229 with hardwire kit I noticed if the camera fully powers off the button disconnects. I tested the battery and it reads 3.07v.

There must be something wrong with the camera and it is forgetting the button when it powers off.

Last edited:
The button worked fine with my A129 duo, and that camera used to power off regularly as I didn't have it hardwired. Once I fitted my A229 with hardwire kit I noticed if the camera fully powers off the button disconnects. I tested the battery and it reads 3.07v.

There must be something wrong with the camera and it is forgetting the button when it powers off.
Please update the latest firmware to confirm if it can help: https://viofo.com/content/61-a229-duo-support/

I updated the firmware but this issue still remains. I connect the button and it's fine. Then after while it no longer works.

@VIOFO-Support Hi. Sorry I've been away for 2 weeks so only just found your PM, which I have now replied to. Many thanks.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Its a brand-new Viofo A229 Pro, the button is new as well. It pairs fine and saves the recording. But I have to pair it each time.
Every time the vehicle has been off for a while, the button has become unpaired.

Firmware is the latest one. What else should I be trying?

A229 Duo and A229 Pro are different models, so you need to create a topic with your question here:

I understand the "A229 Duo" part of "A229 / A229 Duo".
But what does the leading "A229" refer to?
A229 is a model range from Viofo.
There are 3 models of A229:
1. A229 Duo
2. A229 Pro
3. A229 Plus
If the A229 Pro and A229 Plus are similar to each other and their additional cameras are identical,
then they have nothing in common with the A229 Duo except the numbers in the name.

I have the same problem. Its a brand-new Viofo A229 Pro, the button is new as well. It pairs fine and saves the recording. But I have to pair it each time.
Every time the vehicle has been off for a while, the button has become unpaired.

Welcome to the club.
There are 3 different models of the A229.
A229 Duo (2022) IMX335 2K
A229 Pro (2023) IMX678 4K
A229 Plus (2023) IMX675 2K
All 3 cameras have different firmware.
To get help with your malfunction you need to start a brand new thread in the A229 Pro Sub-forum located here;
I'll see you over there to provide help.
-Chuck

Screenshot 2024-04-26 11.34.12 AM.png

Last edited:
A229 is a model range from Viofo.
Right, that was my tought. So a question about the A229 Pro isn't out of place in the A229 subforum.
If this is the A229 Duo subforum I would suggest renaming it.

One last question: Is the bluetooth button identical to all models of the A229 range?

Right, that was my tought. So a question about the A229 Pro isn't out of place in the A229 subforum.
No.
If this is the A229 Duo subforum I would suggest renaming it.
Again:
A229 Duo and A229 Pro are different models.
One last question: Is the bluetooth button identical to all models of the A229 range?
Yes.

If you look here:
Everything has been distributed here for a long time, each model has its own theme. You just need to go to the right one.

Last edited:

This bug has been optimized in the newer firmware. We will release it soon, please wait for several more days.

This bug has been optimized in the newer firmware. We will release it soon, please wait for several more days.
I'm guessing the button used Bluetooth 4.n
Bluetooth 5.n would be better going forward.

Why would Bluetooth 5 be better going forward?

Why would Bluetooth 5 be better going forward?
Bluetooth 5.0 introduces enhancements to the Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH) algorithm. This allows Bluetooth devices to dynamically assess the radio environment and adjust their frequency hopping patterns more effectively to avoid interference. As a result, Bluetooth 5.0 can provide improved coexistence with other wireless technologies in the 2.4 GHz band, such as Wi-Fi.

Back