Bluetooth remote not working

Apologies for not posting an update. Viofo in the Netherlands first replaced the remote button which did not work so I returned the camera which was replaced under guarantee. All working fine now.

We want to confirm what " turn off" mean. If the camera is turned off (without power), the remote control cannot pair. If the screen just becomes black cause of the screen saver, but the camera is still recording. It is not normal to not pair successfully.
By "turn off" I mean powered off. I sometimes power it off when parking mode is not needed, to save battery use. It's easier to power the camera off than to turn off parking mode, which involves more steps. When the camera is powered off and back on the remote will not pair. However, after powering off again and re-starting the remote will pair.

By "turn off" I mean powered off. I sometimes power it off when parking mode is not needed, to save battery use. It's easier to power the camera off than to turn off parking mode, which involves more steps. When the camera is powered off and back on the remote will not pair. However, after powering off again and re-starting the remote will pair.
Could you please contact us to give more details so we can help you out?
Here is our email address: support@viofo.com

Could you please contact us to give more details so we can help you out?
Here is our email address: support@viofo.com
Thank you, but I've already had a support ticket for this issue. You kindly sent a new remote which is working pretty consistently. I will monitor the situation and be in touch if there are issues I can't resolve.

Thank you, but I've already had a support ticket for this issue. You kindly sent a new remote which is working pretty consistently. I will monitor the situation and be in touch if there are issues I can't resolve.
That is ok. Please feel free to contact us if there is any other question.

I am having this same issue with the new A229 Pro and bluetooth remote, initially it paired perfectly and worked the first few times but then on a later test drive today it worked once then when trying at home after the drive to save the video it only flashed red and havent been able to get it to pair again.

They are sending out a new remote from Viofo.com so hopefully this fixes the issue.

Interestingly it shows up fine if I enable bluetooth pairing on my phone so I hope it isnt the camera side of things.

I am having this same issue with the new A229 Pro and bluetooth remote, initially it paired perfectly and worked the first few times but then on a later test drive today it worked once then when trying at home after the drive to save the video it only flashed red and havent been able to get it to pair again.

They are sending out a new remote from Viofo.com so hopefully this fixes the issue.

Interestingly it shows up fine if I enable bluetooth pairing on my phone so I hope it isnt the camera side of things.
So sorry for the unexpected issues. Since you can connect that Bluetooth control with your phone successfully, would you mind updating the camera firmware to test if it will help? You can download the firmware file from this link: https://we.tl/t-dhmpLQOq6w
Besides, please delete the Bluetooth from the list on your phone to make sure it will connect to the camera when you test. It is better to turn off the bluetooth on your phone settings to guaranmtee the sucessful test.

So sorry for the unexpected issues. Since you can connect that Bluetooth control with your phone successfully, would you mind updating the camera firmware to test if it will help? You can download the firmware file from this link: https://we.tl/t-dhmpLQOq6w
Besides, please delete the Bluetooth from the list on your phone to make sure it will connect to the camera when you test. It is better to turn off the bluetooth on your phone settings to guaranmtee the sucessful test.
I am pretty sure the camera is running the latest firware already. (See attached screen shot) I have also made sure that no other bluetooth devices are on when trying to pair again with the camera. As I mentioned in my previous post it did sucessfully pair the first time and work the first few times but then just stopped working and only flashes the red light when trying to pair again.

Edit: I have just tried to pair it to my phone and it paired perfectly, have since removed it from the phone and will try again now with the camera and report back. Well I tried again after it paired perfectly to my phone and I then removed it, turned off bluetooth on every device and then started the camera and tried to pair again and it failed and would only flash red. I will wait and try the replacement remote Viofo.com have sent me but it concerns me the remote is pairing fine to my phone but not the camera and it makes me think that it is the A229 Pro that has an issue with the bluetooth and not the remote. Anyway will cross that bridge when I get to it but to say it's disappointing that it has failed on the first day of ownership would be a huge understatement.

Attachments

• A229 Pro Firmware.jpg
    A229 Pro Firmware.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am pretty sure the camera is running the latest firware already. (See attached screen shot) I have also made sure that no other bluetooth devices are on when trying to pair again with the camera. As I mentioned in my previous post it did sucessfully pair the first time and work the first few times but then just stopped working and only flashes the red light when trying to pair again.

Edit: I have just tried to pair it to my phone and it paired perfectly, have since removed it from the phone and will try again now with the camera and report back. Well I tried again after it paired perfectly to my phone and I then removed it, turned off bluetooth on every device and then started the camera and tried to pair again and it failed and would only flash red. I will wait and try the replacement remote Viofo.com have sent me but it concerns me the remote is pairing fine to my phone but not the camera and it makes me think that it is the A229 Pro that has an issue with the bluetooth and not the remote. Anyway will cross that bridge when I get to it but to say it's disappointing that it has failed on the first day of ownership would be a huge understatement.
So sorry that we have not made it clear to you. The firmware we sent is 1009 which is newer than the version on your camera. Would you mind having a try? :giggle:

So sorry that we have not made it clear to you. The firmware we sent is 1009 which is newer than the version on your camera. Would you mind having a try? :giggle:
Just to confirm this new firmware is for the A 229 Pro?

I know I posted in an A129 Pro thread but it was the only thread I could find about the bluetooth issue I was having with my A 229 Pro

@VIOFO-Support

Stumbled upon this thread after googling.

I have an A229 Plus with the latest firmware. The button does not pair with my dashcam (flashing red led) but pairs with my phone with no issue (flashing blue led). Going by the theme of this thread it looks like we have defective units with the same issue across different models.

@VIOFO-Support

I have an A229 Plus with the latest firmware. The button does not pair with my dashcam (flashing red led) but pairs with my phone with no issue (flashing blue led). Going by the theme of this thread it looks like we have defective units with the same issue across different models.
Just for sh.ts and giggles try disabling your phones bluetooth and any other devices that may also be within "ear shot ' of the dashcam and give it another go.

@VIOFO-Support

Please update this newer firmware(V1.0-1117) to solve the issue: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C_nRd2e4M-Ufi-wGN1lEQOHfefgyln_s?usp=sharing
Here is a video about how to update you can refer to: https://we.tl/t-kIGLsoRPpR
Pease enter the system settings and choose default the settings after updating:
1701048074842.pngAfter resetting the camera, please try to pair the bluetooth again. Long press the bluetooth button for seconds, and the red flashing light will turn into blue, which means you have paired them successfully.

Please update this newer firmware(V1.0-1117) to solve the issue:
Sorry to say that the bluetooth pairing issue with the A229Pro still isn't fixed with this new version of the firmware.

Sorry to say that the bluetooth pairing issue with the A229Pro still isn't fixed with this new version of the firmware.
Please also reset the camera by holding and pressing the R hole on the camera. Then default the settings in the menu again to have a try. The new firmware on A229 Pro shall be V1.0-1123.

Please also reset the camera by holding and pressing the R hole on the camera. Then default the settings in the menu again to have a try. The new firmware on A229 Pro shall be V1.0-1123.
Firmware is correct, hard reset worked, problem solved

Last edited:
Back