Blurry and flickering at night, not a frequency issue but something else A119 V3 firmware V2.6_20220808

BigSpoon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I purchased my VIOFO A119 V3 back in late 2018 or early 2019 and it was mostly flawless until the last few weeks when driving at night the sky is flickering and some of the video is out of focus - I wonder if it is simply an age related failure and I need to upgrade? I should also mention that this dashcam has been in 1 crash in December 2021 so it has really paid for itself already and so I should really upgrade to a nicer newer model

what I have tried to fix the problem but have been unsuccessful:
Cleaning the inside and outside of the windscreen
Cleaning the camera lens
Cleaned the electrical contacts on the dashcam itself and GPS mount
Purchasing and fitting a CPL filter
Changing the video resolution to higher and lower
Changing the FPS
Changing the frequency
Changed the bitrate
Replaced the cigarette lighter/USB charger
Upgraded the SD card from a SANDISK Extreme Plus Class 128GB to a SAMSUNG EVO Plus 256 GB
Formatted the SD card
Reset the camera to default settings

what I am yet to try:
Replacing the dashcam power cable - I was hesitant to do this because I would have to reroute the new one around the windscreen which is a pain

The first video is from my first car in December 2021 (the one that was involved in a crash) the sky is clear and the image is decent for nighttime footage (2560 x 1440 at 30 FPS, medium bitrate, WDR off, 50HZ, no CPL filter, exposure 0, older firmware)
https://streamable.com/jkhrxw

The second video is from my current car it's the exact same dashcam but with different power cable, GPS mount, and SD card (2560 x 1440 at 60 FPS, high bitrate, WDR off, CPL filter, exposure 0, current firmware)
https://streamable.com/5xox3w

I don't review my dashcam footage very often but I do remember the few times I've checked it in the last couple of months footage being much clearer and I'm at a loss as to what's causing such low quality footage
Daytime footage is ok not flickering at all but maybe a little bit blurry? I will try to get some daytime footage

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules by sharing external links to Streamable

Hi all I purchased my VIOFO A119 V3 back in late 2018 or early 2019 and it was mostly flawless until the last few weeks when driving at night the sky is flickering and some of the video is out of focus - I wonder if it is simply an age related failure and I need to upgrade? I should also mention that this dashcam has been in 1 crash in December 2021 so it has really paid for itself already and so I should really upgrade to a nicer newer model

Cleaning the camera lens
Changing the FPS
Changing the frequency
Changed the bitrate
Upgraded the SD card from a SANDISK Extreme Plus Class 128GB to a SAMSUNG EVO Plus 256 GB
Formatted the SD card

what I am yet to try:
Replacing the dashcam power cable - I was hesitant to do this because I would have to reroute the new one around the windscreen which is a pain

The first video is from my first car in December 2021 (the one that was involved in a crash) the sky is clear and the image is decent for nighttime footage (2560 x 1440 at 30 FPS, medium bitrate, WDR off, 50HZ, no CPL filter, exposure 0, older firmware)

The second video is from my current car it's the exact same dashcam but with different power cable, GPS mount, and SD card (2560 x 1440 at 60 FPS, high bitrate, WDR off, CPL filter, exposure 0, current firmware)

I don't review my dashcam footage very often but I do remember the few times I've checked it in the last couple of months footage being much clearer and I'm at a loss as to what's causing such low quality footage
Daytime footage is ok not flickering at all but maybe a little bit blurry? I will try to get some daytime footage

Welcome.
1. I would try to connect the DVR to the cigarette lighter via the original power adapter and see how it shoots video.
2. I connected it to my phone's charger at home and watched it shoot video.
3. If there are no changes, then I would contact support.
But you shouldn’t count on a quick answer.
ANNOUNCEMENT: We're on the Chinese New Year Holiday until Jan 2, 2024. All shipments and messages will be dealt with upon our return. Best wishes!

Cleaning the camera lens
Changing the FPS
Changing the frequency
Changed the bitrate
Formatted the SD card

what I am yet to try:

You can try to see if the problem is a result of power loss by temporarily changing the camera that provides the problem-free image to the vehicle that produces the problem image.

It is possibly caused by your headlamps, give it a test in a well lit area with the headlamps off.

(Keep the sidelights on while you are driving, so that you are legal and also to turn the DRLs off! )

If it is related to headlights, try the frequency setting in the camera settings by selecting the one that is not selected.

Hi, I have the same issue in my A119 V3, which is about 4-5 years old. I tried changing almost every option in the camera settings, also tried different cables and power sources. Neither of this works of course. Did anybody solved it yet?

If it is related to headlights, try the frequency setting in the camera settings by selecting the one that is not selected.
I think it's definitely not related, changing the frequency settings didn't help in my case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 V3 4
Back